Game six postmortem - get the shovel out and dig this team a grave.

Old Guy

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

If you look at the offense year 1 vs this year ---- I'll bet you find little is the same --- for reasons no one can know. It sure wasn't all flats and fades the previous years

Right now, we haven't compensated for both the loss of Adams and MVS to be truthful. No one has replaced his role to stretch the field and the only guy who is capable on the roster can't stay on the field and played college FB against insurance salesmen so he's behind the curve.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think LaFleur might be a fraud. In fact, we are running "his offense" way more this year than any year prior with Adams gone, and we suck. Some of that is on the execution for sure but this concept that LaFleur is an offensive mastermind is a fallacy. 

Very possible.  Propped up by 2 seasons of MVP level QB play.  How much is MFL not being good vs Rodgers switching to pass heavy at the LOS?

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

There's no reasoning with him lol. Leave it be. He can't put anything at the feet of his dom so it's wasted key strokes.

Every week he has some new reason to add in on why it isn't any of Aaron's fault. It's kind of impressive. 

We're clearly not running a true ******* vision of what MLF wants to do, some of it is personnel, sure, plenty of it is Aaron can't get right. OL making too many just stupid mistakes on top of not being good.

If Love was playing all year, I'm not saying we would be better, but the way we play I guarantee would look much different. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Are we though?  Maybe it's selective memory, but it feels like the Packers' offense has had more deep passes than usual.

Deep pass or super short pass.  Is there much on a 5-10 and 10-20 yard level?

Going into this week the IAY/PA ( intended air yards/ pass attempt) was really low ranked in the league.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bijan Robinson isn't making the throws. Robinson isn't manipulating the pocket, making the progressions and putting the ball on a tee for his receivers. You're minimizing Ewers and maximizing Robinson to the max extent. Would be like me saying "well, I'd love to see what Caleb Williams does without *insert any one of the ridiculous offensive talent that USC and Oklahoma has had* to discredit him. 

You act like the Texas' offense wasn't effective with Hudson Card at QB.  Card went 70-102 (68.6%), 899 passing yards (8.8 YPA), 6 TD, and 1 INT in relief of Ewers.  Ewers is 63-93 (67.7%), 820 yards (8.8 YPA), 9 TD, and 2 INT.  Those are damn near identical stats.  The only common denominator between the two of them is Bijan Robinson.  Sure, Bijan Robinson isn't the one making the throws.  He's not the one manipulating the pocket or making progressions.  But he's the one that the defenses are constantly aware of.  It's been the Bijan Robinson-offense since last year.