Game six postmortem - get the shovel out and dig this team a grave.

Old Guy

Many things went wrong in this game.  All three phases of the game had big breakdowns.  Our $50 million per year quarterback played like a 50 year old quarterback.  He just cannot move any longer and other teams know that.  I'm starting to think this is it for him.  We could easily lose 4 out of the next 5 games playing like this.  Got to give the Jets credit, they played hard and looked like the wanted this game more than we did.  Good for them.  This could be a very long season.  We keep playing like this and we may as well find out what we have (or don't have) in Love.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If you haven't picked up on it yet, you're probably never going to. I don't know how many times @Norm has to explain it but this is becoming a weekly Sunday form of entertainment. Y'all never fail to deliver.

I never defend Rodgers. It's just funny you're out here fighting invisible ghosts on a weekly basis like some brave knight. 

RODGERS RODGERS RODGERS! He squeals! 

Edited by Maverick

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I absolutely would lol. Star ratings mean nothing at QB, we've seen that for years. If I were watching a 3* make these throws and progressions after just a handful of starts at the collegiate level, I'd begin questioning the purpose of the star rating system. Ewers is special. That's all there is too it.

You would absolutely not be banging the drum for a 3* prospect with 3.5 games under his belt as a #1 overall pick.  Just stop.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Ah yep. There it is. Caleb Williams is god mode and plays with no talent around him, Quinn Ewers is a turd being carried by his *checks notes* running back. Well done.

I know your reading comprehension isn't this bad.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You would absolutely not be banging the drum for a 3* prospect with 3.5 games under his belt as a #1 overall pick.  Just stop.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I absolutely would lol. Star ratings mean nothing at QB, we've seen that for years. If I were watching a 3* make these throws and progressions after just a handful of starts at the collegiate level, I'd begin questioning the purpose of the star rating system. Ewers is special. That's all there is too it.

Ah yep. There it is. Caleb Williams is god mode and plays with no talent around him, Quinn Ewers is a turd being carried by his *checks notes* running back. Well done.

No dog in this fight. 

Rule #1: You do not draft a quarterback with a mullet. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So, your cure to win the division is to blow it all up? Thanks for that brilliant insight. 

We're not going to fire him nor should we, but there's a real truth to needing to look at LaFleur as part of the problem right now. People forget the KC game last year with Love where everyone jumped on LaFleur for a terrible game plan in that game leaving Love basically on his own against the blitz all night. That was LaFluer's chance to come up with a creative plan with a backup QB and show his stuff minus Rodgers. Instead, it was a head scratcher. There's a real question to be asked about MLF's ability to put the team in a position to win. We aren't seeing it out there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

these losses are tearing the forum apart, MLF needs to help keep it even keel and stack successes

I am usually an optimist about these things and can see the positive in these type of losses.  

But, really l, I’m struggling on this one.

Defense looked great in one half and then gave up 3 LONG drives in the second half. The last one knowing that they were going to run the ball. Quay is a major reason for our deficiencies.  Is Barnes eligible to come back?  I don’t remember.  

Offense was just putrid. WR stank, Dillon stank, 12 stank (at times), OL stank most of all. Our TEs were pretty good, I guess. 

The only hope I cling to is that in the NFL, the standings in October rarely mean as much as they seem. There are always 6-0, 7-0 teams that everyone is convinced are the next great thing that go on long losing streaks and 2-4 teams that put it all together.  I just don’t know how that could be us. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Norm said:

Every week he has some new reason to add in on why it isn't any of Aaron's fault. It's kind of impressive. 

We're clearly not running a true ******* vision of what MLF wants to do, some of it is personnel, sure, plenty of it is Aaron can't get right. OL making too many just stupid mistakes on top of not being good.

If Love was playing all year, I'm not saying we would be better, but the way we play I guarantee would look much different. 

We might be 1-5 instead.   Probably would help us get the next good QB in town in the 2023 draft.

It's a team game.   When the OL sucks, WR suck, Coaches and TE suck then the QB also sucks.   That's where we are at.  They all stink.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Not what I was suggesting. No way you can replace Rodgers at QB right now. I was suggesting I'd like to see Love play 3-4 games and run MFL's offense. 

I could see playing Love next week to give Rodgers a chance to heal up. He got pretty beat up today, and his thumb seemed to affect some of his throws today. Lombardi gave Starr a week off once when he was beat up later in his career. Made a big difference. Of course Lombardi had Zeke Bratkowski to sub. At his point, what does MLF have to lose? Another game?

5 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

We might be 1-5 instead.   Probably would help us get the next good QB in town in the 2023 draft.

It's a team game.   When the OL sucks, WR suck, Coaches and TE suck then the QB also sucks.   That's where we are at.  They all stink.

My point wasn't that we'd be better, like I said, I just do not PERSONALLY believe in this idea that we're playing exactly the way MLF wants his offense to play (within it's personnel limitations) and that another QB (does not have to be Love) playing it, would have a noticeable different feel. I do not pretend this it's a fact, it's just what I think. Which was just replying that fb thinks that oh this is the true MLF offense, which I just do not believe.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I could see playing Love next week to give Rodgers a chance to heal up. He got pretty beat up today, and his thumb seemed to affect some of his throws today. Lombardi gave Starr a week off once when he was beat up later in his career. Made a big difference. Of course Lombardi had Zeke Bratkowski to sub. At his point, what does MLF have to lose? Another game?

You can't do this unless he's hurt hurt, if Love goes in and wins and even looks average, it'll start a total **** storm.

The OL play is so bad right now that we aren't seeing anyone's "true" offense.  You can't have a coherent offense when nobody is winning at the LOS.   We do not have an OL playing really good football right now.  The OL closest to playing good football is probably Nijman and we aren't playing him due to contracts.

Edited by hitnhope
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Then you obviously don't know me well. Again, you missed the point of the post because you read what you wanted rather than what was said. Put Williams under the same microscope you do Ewers but, as far as I see it, you're completely incapable of doing so.