Game six postmortem - get the shovel out and dig this team a grave.

Old Guy

Just now, beekay414 said:

Then you obviously don't know me well. Again, you missed the point of the post because you read what you wanted rather than what was said. Put Williams under the same microscope you do Ewers but, as far as I see it, you're completely incapable of doing so.

If you can tell me with a straight face that Jordan Addison impacts the defense as much as Bijan Robinson does, I'll bite.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you can tell me with a straight face that Jordan Addison impacts the defense as much as Bijan Robinson does, I'll bite.

They're both game changing talents lol. Nah, nvm, the Biletnikoff winner and top 10 pick has no impact on the defense's gameplan. Williams plays with turds.

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They're both game changing talents lol. Nah, nvm, the Biletnikoff winner and top 10 pick has no impact on the defense's gameplan. Williams plays with turds.

Why must it always be the extreme with you?  Are we going to pretend that Addison would be successful with some mediocre QB?  Or we going to ignore that he's played with 2 first round QBs.  WR is absolutely reliant on the QB position.  RB isn't.  And I wouldn't say Williams has played with turds.  I just don't think that his weapons sans Addison have been all that great.  I'd argue that their WR groups since CeeDee Lamb has been arguably their worst group.

23 minutes ago, Norm said:

You can't do this unless he's hurt hurt, if Love goes in and wins and even looks average, it'll start a total **** storm.

It's already a total **** storm. And Rodgers is hurt hurt. His thumb was getting sideline attention during the game, and then he took a painful shot too is left knee. If Love plays well enough to pull out a win over Washington, and Rodgers' thumb heals up, that's a win-win. I doubt that starts a QB controversy. Not with a $50 million QB. 

That said, they better fix the O-Line or it's all moot. I would put Jenkins back at left G. That protects Rodgers' blind side. Move JRJ to right G, and insert Nijman at right T. It might take a few games for this line to gell, but the current line will never gell. Rodgers won't last the season playing behind them. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Why must it always be the extreme with you?  Are we going to pretend that Addison would be successful with some mediocre QB?  Or we going to ignore that he's played with 2 first round QBs.  WR is absolutely reliant on the QB position.  RB isn't.  And I wouldn't say Williams has played with turds.  I just don't think that his weapons sans Addison have been all that great.  I'd argue that their WR groups since CeeDee Lamb has been arguably their worst group.

Extreme? I lost the desire to continue this conversation once you decided to prop up Ewers' weapons and minimize Williams'. Told me all I needed to know for how this conversation was trending. 

I saw no point in continuing this conversation so I was being intentionally hyperbolic as to hope you'd move on. Or do you need to get the last word? In that case, go ahead and respond and I'll leave it be.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Draft picks aren't $$.

Campbell, Douglas, Reed is less than Rodgers

yes  then they invested in AR and nothing really for the offense.   

They stood pat on defense and lost Adams on offense, so overall they got worse.   They didnt have a coherent off-season plan.

• Like 2