Is Aaron Rodgers done?

notthatbluestuff

7 minutes ago, Malik said:

I mean Devante Adams and Randall Cobb weren't bad pick ups in the 2nd round

I'm not saying that they were, but I'm saying that the organization has also not decided to make the 1st Round a priority in addressing some of the flaws that we've seen/are seeing on offense either.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not saying that they were, but I'm saying that the organization has also not decided to make the 1st Round a priority in addressing some of the flaws that we've seen/are seeing on offense either.

Am I understanding this correctly.... you thought when GB exited the playoffs from 2011- 2019 the problems were on offense?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Am I understanding this correctly.... you thought when GB exited the playoffs from 2011- 2019 the problems were on offense?

Special teams undoubtedly played a role, as did defense in places. But, when you fail to put up points down the stretch, I think that's cause for concern. Losses to NFC West opponents in the playoffs standout to me during that stretch. JMHO

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Special teams undoubtedly played a role, as did defense in places. But, when you fail to put up points down the stretch, I think that's cause for concern. Losses to NFC West opponents in the playoffs standout to me during that stretch. JMHO

When did GB fail to put up points?

What teams/ division GB lost to in the playoffs should dictate positional drafting??? That last sentence seems largely irrelevant 

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

When did GB fail to put up points?

What teams/ division GB lost to in the playoffs should dictate positional drafting??? That last sentence seems largely irrelevant 

I was speaking to their losses to the 49ers, Seahawks, and cardinals during those years that you stated. Specifically they struggled to score in those games. Nothing divisional specific was my intention.

On 10/26/2022 at 12:00 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's funny you said your age, I almost wrote that the line is about 40 years old. Anyone who remembers the pre-Favre days, or was alive for it seems to understand that it could happen again.

It's almost like a weird social experiment.

I may be misremembering but wasn’t Don Majkowski before Favre and he was pretty good for a bit I seem to recall, maybe five years or so………

On 10/28/2022 at 9:57 AM, MWil23 said:

Not the problem.

They should have devoted at least a two to receiver a couple years ago. Then they could have actually gotten a starting lineman this year in round 2. Maybe earlier if they don't get all cute with building the bestest defense ever by taking an ILB round one.

Right now, I would give up a couple picks for a DC though.

That's the problem in a nutshell though in GB. Having a FO who doesn't believe they need to spend 1st rd picks on WR's because over the past 3 Decades "both" elite QB's have turned water into wine with drafted 2nd-5th rounders instead.

That said. Drafting 1st rd WR is a crapshoot at best, regardless of recent WR success the past 5-10 years.

Signing a FA, trading for a Stud #1 is a better and more reliable option. Problem is GB doesn't believe in doing that either!

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 10/28/2022 at 6:34 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

1 and 2 are true, but a rational fan should also understand that there is no one readily or realistically available who would do better, and there aren't really more efficient ways to spend the money if you wanted to win now.

If someone's opinion is they want to jump start a rebuild to get out of it faster, fair enough. But the tone of the 'replace Rodgers' brigade is that he's simply not good enough anymore and the team needs to win more immediately. There's unstated arrogance in the opinion that GB deserves a better QB than the current Aaron Rodgers, who would still walk in as the starter for most teams in the league, when you have fanbases rooting for Baker Mayfield, Andy Dalton, and Justin Fields. That's gonna rub people the wrong way.

Don't even bother. These guys are delusional enough to think Jordan Love would actually be an improvement.

Edited by StatKing