Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Holding the 2nd pick is doing to be hard.

The Rams are cratering and may hand it to the Lions and screw our plan.

Honestly I’m just as worried about Denver (whose pick goes to SEA). In their final 6 games they have 2 left against KC, 1 against BAL and they close the season against a LAC team that may be in a win-and-in situation. Despite being floundering the Rams have 3 really winnable games coming up against LVR, GB and DEN. With them playing each other in week 16 we know at least one of them won’t lose out.

If we take care of our part and lose out the worst we can end up at this point is 4th, which would mean no huge QB trade down (unless someone falls in love with Levis) but either Carter or Anderson as a consolation prize. 

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Honestly I’m just as worried about Denver (whose pick goes to SEA). In their final 6 games they have 2 left against KC, 1 against BAL and they close the season against a LAC team that may be in a win-and-in situation. Despite being floundering the Rams have 3 really winnable games coming up against LVR, GB and DEN. With them playing each other in week 16 we know at least one of them won’t lose out.

If we take care of our part and lose out the worst we can end up at this point is 4th, which would mean no huge QB trade down (unless someone falls in love with Levis) but either Carter or Anderson as a consolation prize. 

Yep, the biggest issue right now is that we have a loss in hand on both Denver and the Rams, so we will have a better picture after the Bye Week. Plus they have much easier schedules, so they would take the tiebreakers over us

Its good for us that neither of them own their own pick, so neither is incentivized to lose at this point. But both may just be that bad right now.

Also, assuming Fields is playing again this year, you know hes not goin to be trying to lose 

Edited by StLunatic88

At this point I think we lose out.

Packers probably want to go with Love the rest of the year but Rodgers demands to go out on a win against the Bears.

Eagles/Bills obvious blow outs.

Lions are playing better of late and likely get the best of us. Wouldn’t shock to see Fields have a career game and carry to a win. The roster is just so depleted I can’t predict that. 

Vikings should be playing for playoff position. 

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Holding the 2nd pick is doing to be hard.

The Rams are cratering and may hand it to the Lions and screw our plan.

They are still way better than Bears.

We just lost Jackson too.   

Unless we stupidly reactivate Fields or someone tanks even harder for a game with a clinched playoff spot, we aren't likely to see another W this season.   

We have worst active roster by far now.   Games are going to stay really ugly.   I might not even watch.   

I probably even shut down Jenkins for year if I am charge so he doesn't get hurt or aggravate his back.   Yeah, I think I would.   Done in my imaginary world.   He had a really, really bad Wednesday.   He is benched.  

Only thing that pisses me off about it is a bunch of Packers fans bet the under on W total this offseason and are likely to hit now .

LOL.   Just kidding.  They can win $ I don't care.   

Plus, they will just take it and bet something else and lose rather than cash out like most degenerate gamblers.

• Like 2

our division games are going to be our problem. Would like to see justin held out another week, both to help enhance loss factor and heal up before the bye week. Eagles and Bills should be loses. Hopefully DET has turned around their season and can keep us down. MIN might not be playing for anything in week 18

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yep, the biggest issue right now is that we have a loss in hand on both Denver and the Rams, so we will have a better picture after the Bye Week. Plus they have much easier schedules, so they would take the tiebreakers over us

Its good for us that neither of them own their own pick, so neither is incentivized to lose at this point. But both may just be that bad right now.

Also, assuming Fields is playing again this year, you know hes not goin to be trying to lose 

To your last point (which is spot on), if Fields’ shoulder is going to need any kind of procedure to properly stabilize long term I’d rather they do that now and make sure he has as full an offseason as we can. If not, then he should get all the rest it takes to get him to 100% before he’s back in there. If he’s fully healthy and then gets hurt then that’s football, but now that he is already hurt, until he is healthy there should be very little incentive to get him back out there. That we’re 3-9 and looking at a potential top 5 pick only further underscores that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

To your last point (which is spot on), if Fields’ shoulder is going to need any kind of procedure to properly stabilize long term I’d rather they do that now and make sure he has as full an offseason as we can. If not, then he should get all the rest it takes to get him to 100% before he’s back in there. If he’s fully healthy and then gets hurt then that’s football, but now that he is already hurt, until he is healthy there should be very little incentive to get him back out there. That we’re 3-9 and looking at a potential top 5 pick only further underscores that. 

Absolutely, I would hope we dont see him until after the Bye Week at the earliest.

I know I dont want to just give one to the Packers, but Id rather let Fields heal more than anything

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

He had a really, really bad Wednesday.   He is benched.  

I understood that reference!

I'm firmly in the sit Fields camp, but not going to lie, if they're going to bring him back for a win, Sunday wouldn't be the worst one. Seriously though, I hope they put him in a safehouse until April

46 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Rams may shut down Aaron Donald. 

They are playing a practice squad QB for the rest of the season.

Half their offense is on IR.

I think they lose out.

If they lose out and the Bears lose out then that would put the Bears at the 3rd pick, correct?

55 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

If they lose out and the Bears lose out then that would put the Bears at the 3rd pick, correct?

I would think that’ll be largely dependent on how everyone on theirs and our schedule does over the next 6 weeks, since SOS will be at least somewhat fluid week to week. 

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I would think that’ll be largely dependent on how everyone on theirs and our schedule does over the next 6 weeks, since SOS will be at least somewhat fluid week to week. 

I think the gap in SOS is pretty significant at this point (approaching .100) and is playing both the AFC and NFC East is going to make it a hard gap to close

• Like 2