Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Colts being 30-0 up is another good thing for us and should force the Vikes to play their guys in that final game….also takes another team further away from a top 5 pick

Can we now all just accept the Colts we’re mad to appoint Jeff Saturday 😂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Can we now all just accept the Colts we’re mad to appoint Jeff Saturday 😂 

I thought that was kind of a consensus? Hiring a guy who has never coached to run a football team's daily activities? Yowza. Hired him as an OL coach from the start Hell yeah, OC who doesn't call plays? I guess, if you really want to develop the OL and think he can do it then either someone has to make him a HC or give him playcalling duties to poach him. But to be the HC? It was dumb when Joe Thomas said he wanted to be the HC of the Browns and it was dumb of IND to do so with Saturday.

Gotta admit though, I loved the move since it happened outside of CHI. I LOVE these wild moves to happen around the league.  lol

22 minutes ago, Morlee said:

Not a Bears fan but I was curious.  Since you guys are likely drafting an O-Lineman with your first round selection, what would be your preferred 2nd rounder? 

I would say they are likely drafting a DL with the first choice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I would say they are likely drafting a DL with the first choice.

Gotta protect Fields. He’s a dynamic playmaker and a potentially irreplaceable QB.  You can’t take any chances with that.  I know the Bears’ front office is smart too. I don’t see how they go anywhere but O-Line. If I were them, I’d use my first two picks on the O-Line. 

6 hours ago, Morlee said:

Gotta protect Fields. He’s a dynamic playmaker and a potentially irreplaceable QB.  You can’t take any chances with that.  I know the Bears’ front office is smart too. I don’t see how they go anywhere but O-Line. If I were them, I’d use my first two picks on the O-Line. 

It won't be an OL unless we trade down a fair distance...no one worth the pick in the top 5...IMO no one worth the pick in the top 15...we have a young ascending LT...no centre worth the pick and we have a scheme that historically doesn't require elite OL...DL will be our first pick and is by far the bigger need. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Morlee said:

They need to protect him but have over $100 mil in cap space. There is zero reason not to get 1-2 high profile FAs on that OL. Spend the money around Fields this year and draft more on defense.

That being said in the 2nd I would love to see Mazi Smith,  O'Cyrus Torrence, Sikai Ika, Nolan Smith, or someone explosive at WR or HB. Just throwing names out though.

• Like 1