Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

1 hour ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

I know Murphy is not an owner but he is in the defacto owner role for GB.

With that in mind - Murphy has the third highest win percentage of any owner in NFL history. He is only behind Gayle Benson, a relatively new owner, and Robert Kraft. 

That does not look like a disaster to me. 

Even if it is, I do enjoy* the whole "GB's model has been among the most successful over the past 30 yrs, we should blow it all up because the first half of this season has been subpar" mindset

* not really

• Like 2

I don't understand the hand wringing in this thread.  Is it just because the league seems weak this year?  The time to make a trade to put us in position to win it all was in 2020 or 21.  This team is not playing like it is just one piece away, and the piece certainly isn't Chase Claypool, TJ Hockenson, or Judge Jeudy.  

And if we were to sell, the only real piece that we can afford to sell, and teams may have interest in, was Rasul.  

This team is struggling for the first time in a long time.  Perhaps we use this time to get good experience for young players, take our lumps and return to form next year.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Also, everything I have ever posted here is either complete conjecture or entirely made up out of thin air. It is strictly coincidence that some of it has turned out to be accurate. I do not know a single member of the Packers executive committee and have never had any inside knowledge shared directly to me by anyone in the organization. It will be a total hoot though when Murphy retires and the team eliminates the silos and restores the President job to a background business role.

For the record, I do think you know someone inside the Packers' organization.  I don't think they're as high up as you are leading everyone to believe.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

For the record, I do think you know someone inside the Packers' organization.  I don't think they're as high up as you are leading everyone to believe.

I myself talk to people in the Packers organisation all the time when I deliver freight to Lambeau or the Pro Shop warehouse.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I myself talk to people in the Packers organisation all the time when I deliver freight to Lambeau or the Pro Shop warehouse.

I, however, do not.  I don't even vote in the owner's meeting board elections.  But sometimes, I do listen to Peter Bukowski's podcast.

I knew the Packers weren’t really all in on this team, they’ve always had the build through the draft mentality. I lll be honest I was really hopeful Packers would trade Arod for a haul of picks and see what we had in JLove this season. If it didn’t work out get you leaped Young or Stroud next season and then hope the growing pains from that allowed you to be in position to get Harrison Jr - that was my mentality but here we are instead lol.

19 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Off the top:

DeCosta, Roseman, Snead, Beane, Veach, Loomis, Licht, Tobin, Lynch, Belichick, 

That is 10 that have been better without having to think hard or study it.  I would have to put more time to keep expanding the list, but no doubt would pick others before Gute as well.

People always over rate the quality of their players and organization and you have taken the cake in this regard.   The players that were most key in the last 3 years record were mainly(not all) drafted before Gute got here.

This list is actually insane

Just want to highlight a few 

Roseman: Since taking over Eagles GM in 2010, has missed the playoffs more then he's made it. Made one of the worst HC hires ever in Chip Kelly(and lost his job to him). Spotty draft record with notable busts such as Aghalor, Reagor over JJ, Wentz, etc. He's done well loading up on assets since the Wentz trade and going all in while Hurts is on a rookie contract. He's had significantly more draft capital and freedom to operate than Gute. Would not take him over Gute

Mickey Loomis: Has been in salary cap hell for a good part of his tenure. Terrible track record with trades. Made the playoffs 1 time between 2012-2016 with a Hall of Fame QB in his prime. Do you know how impressively inept you have to be as a GM to put together a roster that can't make the playoffs with one of the greatest throwers of all time? 

John Lynch: Traded and made an average QB one of the highest paid QBs in the league. Has been Niners GM for 6 years, has made the playoffs 2x. Has had the luxury of 2 top 3 picks. 1 which is Nick Bosa who was a no brainer. The other was Solomon Thomas, a massive bust. The Trey Lance trade will go down as one of the worst in history. 3 1st rd picks and a 3rd for a running QB that had 1 good season in the Missouri Valley Conference. 

Bill B: It's hard to separate Bill the GM from Bill the HC considering he's the GOAT HC. His GM moves are questionable at best. His draft record, especially WRs, is horrendous. 

Pretty much every GM you listed has had the luxury of more draft capital and QBs on rookie contracts where they could afford to go all in. Gute inherited a gutted roster with an aging and declining QB with a HC who's had clearly passed him by and turned it around into 3 straight 13 win seasons in a year. We were in as good of a position as any team to win the super bowl in 2020 and 2021. Injuries are never an excuse, but the Bakh injury after making him the highest paid LT in the league was back breaking for us not only on the field but with roster flexibility. I truly believe Rodgers would have atleast 1 more super bowl if he was healthy. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I knew the Packers weren’t really all in on this team, they’ve always had the build through the draft mentality. I lll be honest I was really hopeful Packers would trade Arod for a haul of picks and see what we had in JLove this season. If it didn’t work out get you leaped Young or Stroud next season and then hope the growing pains from that allowed you to be in position to get Harrison Jr - that was my mentality but here we are instead lol.

Keep Talking Idris Elba GIF

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I know nothing and no one and will probably get 100 likes for admitting that. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

MVP trophies and **** tier playoff performances, staple of Rodgers career. 

We added the offensive talent. It's just that Rodgers is a special snowflake who thinks he's too good to throw to rookies. 

Haha. You are a special guy 

17 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I want him to throw to the open player and play within the god damn offense rather than playing hero ball and pre determining his reads. The Jets are 5-2 with their top two guys in targets being a rookie and something called Tyler Conklin. 

Doubs leads the team in targets because he's the only one not to suffer an injury. Lazard has missed 2.5 games, Cobb has missed 2.5 games, Watson has missed 3, Watkins has missed 4. 

MVS was 3rd in targets in 2018 for the same reasons. Cobb missed 7 games and Geronimo Allison missed 11. 

In both seasons Rodgers was clearly pissy about it as well. I don't know if you remember but 2018 was the year he actively tanked the Cardinals game to get McCarthy fired. 

Gute has drafted plenty of receivers, he just doesn't draft them in the first round. Which is a good thing. 

You are blind by your hate. Plenty of trash wide outs with late round fliers and misses on every 3rd round TE. This is hilarious how bias you are. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 11:41 AM, Mdpackfan22 said:

Gute is a top 5 GM. He took over a terrible roster with a subpar HC and declining QB and turned it around to the tune of 3 straight 13 win seasons

His only stains has been

1. The Love pick(which I disagree with but at the time wasn't as outrageous as it is in hindsight)

2. Not addressing the WR position 

3. Not going all in on a Super Bowl or rebuild

With the Packers weird power structure, I'd imagine Murphy is the reason for #3. It's easy for us to sit back as fans and make decisions. When you have to deal with shareholders, locker room chemistry, etc decisions become much harder. 

Worst post of the day. Top 5? Are you related to him? He hits only on an occasional first rounder and some lineman. He's be below average just on draft alone. In terms of helping a team get over the hump he shat his pants and took a bad QB while trading up and a rb that doesn't start with the second pick. He decides to try TE in the 3rd round again and fails. He was handed a team with the most important peices in place and added next to nothing on offense for years.

We should have been doing exactly what teams like KC are doing. Playing really well on offense but always making it better. They pay MVS 10 million a year and realize how mediocre he is so they are adding more talent on that end. All while having Travis Kelsey. 

Edited by PackFan13

1 hour ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

This list is actually insane

Pretty much every GM you listed has had the luxury of more draft capital and QBs on rookie contracts where they could afford to go all in. Gute inherited a gutted roster with an aging and declining QB with a HC who's had clearly passed him by and turned it around into 3 straight 13 win seasons in a year. We were in as good of a position as any team to win the super bowl in 2020 and 2021. Injuries are never an excuse, but the Bakh injury after making him the highest paid LT in the league was back breaking for us not only on the field but with roster flexibility. I truly believe Rodgers would have atleast 1 more super bowl if he was healthy. 

How do teams acquire draft capitol?  By making moves to get it.  We don't make those moves instead we sit on our hands.   We don't make trades until they are forced to.

The roster wasn't gutted when Gute started.  The roster was better than it is now.   The head coach had run his cycle and lost the team.   The heart of our winning teams over the last 3 years were TT guys.  The Packers success has largely been offense driven over the past 3 years.   The offense has had very little added by Gute.   You can claim a couple mediocre OL and WR's that Gute added, but they didn't drive anything they were along for the ride.   Rodgers, Adams, Jones, Bakhtiari were the key foundation to offensive success. The current Ol and WR groups are the worst in GB in quite some time, and injuries aren't the reason.  

Take off the goggles and realize that at best Gute is an average GM.   No chance he is one of the best.   The idea that anyone other than his family can think that he is a top GM is simply mind boggling to me. 

Rodgers very well might have another SB if our GM got off cruise control and dd things to improve the areas of the roster that were weak.