Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

11 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

When you call out something long enough you are bound to be right eventually.

You were wrong about him for several years running, yet now claim to be correct after a six game sample size?   Utter foolishness.   Still waiting for you to admit you were wrong for the last 2 years where the guy you criticized incessantly won the league MVP.

You have a very low bar for the accuracy you expect of yourself.

How did that MVP winner do in the postseason?

Worse than two quarterbacks who had 2 postseason starts between them yet still managed to get to the Super Bowl that’s how.

41 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Excuse me, but I was THE first.

@AlexGreen#20 and @incognito_man were both skeptical when I first said it in 2016 before that contract extension, but they weren’t combative towards it, and both were on board midway through the 2017 season.

@Norm was the next.

@beekay414 fought me hard on it. Really hard. He was sometime after Norm.

@cannondale is still ignoring visual proof he’s wrong.

Don't give me too much credit, I wasn't even completely dead set we had to trade him. But I was certainly open to it. 

56 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Excuse me, but I was THE first.

@AlexGreen#20 and @incognito_man were both skeptical when I first said it in 2016 before that contract extension, but they weren’t combative towards it, and both were on board midway through the 2017 season.

@Norm was the next.

@beekay414 fought me hard on it. Really hard. He was sometime after Norm.

@cannondale is still ignoring visual proof he’s wrong.

this could be correct, I don't remember exactly when. I feel like I started to sour on Rodgers around 2015 though. The Seattle loss in 2014 left a bad taste in my mouth in general, not just for Rodgers.

As long as Rodgers is on this roster this franchise is handcuffed. All you can do is to continue to go for it. If you dump talent Rodgers will go into brat mode and try to force his way out. He already said he doesn't want any part of a rebuild.

The FO just needs to come to terms that the SB window is closed and just move on and bite the bullet. The Bears and Lions already got the jump on us on the rebuild. 

The only team that would be attractive for Rodgers is Tennessee. Just get what you can and ship him south. Next years roster will be less talented as this one. Hanging on to Rodgers will just turn into a toxic situation next season.

Edited by St Vince

42 minutes ago, St Vince said:

As long as Rodgers is on this roster this franchise is handcuffed. All you can do is to continue to go for it. If you dump talent Rodgers will go into brat mode and try to force his way out. He already said he doesn't want any part of a rebuild.

The FO just needs to come to terms that the SB window is closed and just move on and bite the bullet. The Bears and Lions already got the jump on us on the rebuild. 

The only team that would be attractive for Rodgers is Tennessee. Just get what you can and ship him south. Next years roster will be less talented as this one. Hanging on to Rodgers will just turn into a toxic situation next season.

Spoiler alert:

Gute knew that.

We didn’t make a single solitary All In move.

Everything we did this off-season we did for the future.

Let Rodgers and his meticulous ways give Doubs, Watson and Toure a rude awakening that makes them better because of it.

Draft an ILB and post-20th overall DL. Definition of vanilla draft picks.

Spend every cent in cap space on your aging QB.

Leak to multiple sources that you were “in on” trade discussions.

Let the Bears outbid you on Claypool.

Gute knew this wasn’t an all in season he just didn’t think it would be an all out season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

How did that MVP winner do in the postseason?

Worse than two quarterbacks who had 2 postseason starts between them yet still managed to get to the Super Bowl that’s how.

Yes - football is a singles sport.   1 player can win a Super Bowl.

Rodgers should've been traded this offseason. We just came off of three 13 win title run teams, if you wanted him traded before last off-season, you're pretty clearly wrong.

The 2010 team had the stars align for them to win it all. The Rams just had the same thing. Playoff football is getting into the tourney, playing decent ball and hoping the ball bounces your way a few times. The fact we were there with 3 good chances means retaining Rodgers until 2022 was the right move. We could've had those 3 runs AND traded him as a 38 year old for a ransom, that was the move.

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers should've been traded this offseason. We just came off of three 13 win title run teams, if you wanted him traded before last off-season, you're pretty clearly wrong.

The 2010 team had the stars align for them to win it all. The Rams just had the same thing. Playoff football is getting into the tourney, playing decent ball and hoping the ball bounces your way a few times. The fact we were there with 3 good chances means retaining Rodgers until 2022 was the right move. We could've had those 3 runs AND traded him as a 38 year old for a ransom, that was the move.

But what's the move now? Like I said Ten would be the only team to send him to. They offer what we all thought we had post draft. A top 5 defense, a top 5 offensive line and a strong running game. Ten and Buffalo are the only two teams that can give KC fits in the playoffs. Ten is just a QB away from a SB trip.

1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

Yes - football is a singles sport.   1 player can win a Super Bowl.

He scored 10 points in a 3 point loss when his defense gave him an interception and sacked the QB 4 times and there is visual indisputable proof that he refused to throw to wide open Lazard and Jones on multiple plays, targeted Adams 11 times and Lazard one single time when Lazard was single covered the entire game and Adams was double or triple covered.

Figure it out.

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Well if we're playing the hindsight game we literally could not have had worse odds of winning a Super Bowl had we traded him significantly earlier, and clearly - through hindsight - the best move was to have traded him after the 2010 season.

6 minutes ago, St Vince said:

But what's the move now? Like I said Ten would be the only team to send him to. They offer what we all thought we had post draft. A top 5 defense, a top 5 offensive line and a strong running game. Ten and Buffalo are the only two teams that can give KC fits in the playoffs. Ten is just a QB away from a SB trip.

Rodgers is here for 2 more years.  Draft a QB to take over when he's done.

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I would argue that we should have been smart enough to know that none of those teams were 13 win quality teams. 

Evaluating based on point differential tells you that those teams were good for:

2019: 10-6

2020: 11-5

2021: 10-7

And that quality was proven out in the playoffs all three of those years. 

23 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

1) I agree that WR is not the biggest issue on the team

If it's not, it's up there though because our offense is no longer the strength of this team.  The offense is the biggest liability now dropping way below defense and even special teams here, and that's saying something.

And here's the other thing .... The injuries

Cobb and Watkins definitely aren't coming back next year, or at least they shouldn't.  I love Cobb and all the memories he's given us, but he's 32, got too much mileage on him and at this point his injuries are just too much to deal with.  Watkins, a little younger but still got some of the same.

And then unfortunately it looks like our rookie Watson can't stay healthy either, and it sucks because I think he's a highly skilled player, maybe even the best receiver on this roster when healthy.  But if his injuries are going to be an ongoing issue, and I'd say there's a good chance they are, you'd better have a backup plan.

And then Amari Rodgers ... I don't know but he doesn't seem to have much of a role in LaFleur's offense.  I don't know if it's just limited skill set or if it's kinda the Aaron Jones treatment filtering over to him as well.  Only his second year, but I don't know, starting to look like a wasted pick there.

Basically, I'd say keep rolling with Doubbs and Lazard because the former I believe will turn into a star, albeit probably not for a few years, but he'll get there likely where MVS would have been at the very least.  And Lazard is our reliable possession guy.  But I say draft 2 WRs with one as a backup plan in case Watson continues to be unable to stay on the field, and the other as a hopeful upgrade to Amari Rodgers.

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

I could see San Francisco having interest in him.