Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

46 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

A good tackler doesn't offer too much to the NFL if they do not have sufficient quality mobility for their position. An exceptionally mobile player might possibly be taught how to tackle properly if given enough aptitude for learning. But you've probably heard this argument on the weekly as it is.

I made the argument at one point- in relation to the Artist Formerly Known as Amari being a scrub despite his college pedigree- that College Tape tends to be halfway deceiving because at any given play regardless of the opponent and the supporting cast, more than half of the players involved are not destined to be a part of the NFL landscape. This generally means there is a lesser quality of overall athleticism and skill at the college level, and thus it takes a lesser amount of competence to become one of the top guys. Walker's tackling ability can be affected from that very same thing, since now he's facing elusive or strong guys on offense half or more of the snaps he takes as opposed to the one-in-ten or twenty times when he was a Bulldog.

Thanks for the post, i think there shoudl be or hopefully can be some happy balance though between athlete and football player. Think Desmond Bishop style guys.

20 hours ago, squire12 said:

for those that think Jaire is not playing well.... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlexJa00.htm

advanced stats 

best missed tackle % of his career
similar passer rating against vs 2020

Games Pass Coverage Pass Rush Tackles
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC Bltz Hrry QBKD Sk Prss Comb MTkl MTkl%
2018 21 GNB LCB 23 13 11 1 91 59 64.8% 818 13.9 9.0 3 100.0 11.0 577 241 11 1 0 0.5 2 66 8 10.8%
2019 22 GNB LCB 23 16 16 2 110 59 53.6% 831 14.1 7.6 5 85.8 11.1 519 312 0 0 0 0.0 0 58 8 12.1%
2020* 23 GNB LCB 23 15 15 1 80 41 51.3% 375 9.1 4.7 2 67.4 9.5 252 123 4 0 0 1.0 1 51 5 8.9%
2021 24 GNB DB 23 4 4 1 22 12 54.5% 131 10.9 6.0 2 83.7 10.9 73 58 1 0 0 0.0 0 13 1 7.1%
2022 25 GNB CB 23 11 11 3 58 33 56.9% 359 10.9 6.2 2 65.2 9.0 217 142 0 0 0 0.0 0 41 3 6.8%

Honestly didn't realize people thought Jaire wasn't playing well.  He looks the same as he always has on tape, flies to the ball and is stickier than tree sap in man.  Only issue for him is that Barry keeps calling coverages that ask him to cover no one at all, which is not an ideal use of resources IMO.  Still working through the Eagles game, but man it's been a minute since I've seen a DC so thoroughly undressed from a game plan standpoint.  Eagles knew exactly what to call on every snap.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, squire12 said:

for those that think Jaire is not playing well.... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlexJa00.htm

advanced stats 

best missed tackle % of his career
similar passer rating against vs 2020

Games Pass Coverage Pass Rush Tackles
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC Bltz Hrry QBKD Sk Prss Comb MTkl MTkl%
2018 21 GNB LCB 23 13 11 1 91 59 64.8% 818 13.9 9.0 3 100.0 11.0 577 241 11 1 0 0.5 2 66 8 10.8%
2019 22 GNB LCB 23 16 16 2 110 59 53.6% 831 14.1 7.6 5 85.8 11.1 519 312 0 0 0 0.0 0 58 8 12.1%
2020* 23 GNB LCB 23 15 15 1 80 41 51.3% 375 9.1 4.7 2 67.4 9.5 252 123 4 0 0 1.0 1 51 5 8.9%
2021 24 GNB DB 23 4 4 1 22 12 54.5% 131 10.9 6.0 2 83.7 10.9 73 58 1 0 0 0.0 0 13 1 7.1%
2022 25 GNB CB 23 11 11 3 58 33 56.9% 359 10.9 6.2 2 65.2 9.0 217 142 0 0 0 0.0 0 41 3 6.8%

I don't think there was a lot of criticism of Jaire before the Eagles game.  I think he played pretty poorly there.  And my biggest criticism of him then was that he was talking a whole lot bigger game than he was playing. 

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

Maybe we need to draft football players who can tackle rather that high RAR guys? Just a thought we tend to draft athletes but were they dam good footballers. Then again what the f**k do i know.

but GB tackling overall on the year is not worse than most of the top 10 per game scoring defenses in the NFL.

was there several missed tackles vs PHilly, absolutely.  has it been a huge issue all season long, I'm not sure that is reality based on the Pro football reference statistics

6 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

I made the argument at one point- in relation to the Artist Formerly Known as Amari being a scrub despite his college pedigree- that College Tape tends to be halfway deceiving because at any given play regardless of the opponent and the supporting cast, more than half of the players involved are not destined to be a part of the NFL landscape. This generally means there is a lesser quality of overall athleticism and skill at the college level, and thus it takes a lesser amount of competence to become one of the top guys. Walker's tackling ability can be affected from that very same thing, since now he's facing elusive or strong guys on offense half or more of the snaps he takes as opposed to the one-in-ten or twenty times when he was a Bulldog.

I think Amari also got into his own head - he knew he was struggling and started pressing and then in addition to being marginal athletically, he was compounding it with mental and physical errors. 

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't think there was a lot of criticism of Jaire before the Eagles game.  I think he played pretty poorly there.  And my biggest criticism of him then was that he was talking a whole lot bigger game than he was playing. 

Wasn't there another game he got burned pretty bad at least a couple of times? I don't recall the opponent. He's definitely had a couple of bad games this year. I wouldn't say he's played poorly overall this year beyond those games, though. 

And yeah, he runs his mouth a bit too much but that's a position that's always had quite a bit of bravado to come along with it. 

15 hours ago, squire12 said:

but GB tackling overall on the year is not worse than most of the top 10 per game scoring defenses in the NFL.

was there several missed tackles vs PHilly, absolutely.  has it been a huge issue all season long, I'm not sure that is reality based on the Pro football reference statistics

Yeah we are not the worst, it's just been a theme for what a decade or two:) Witht he exception of 2010. 

I give Quay a little bit of a pass for missing tackles last game.

Dude was flying around the field.  He doesn't give up, he runs to the ball on every play.

I think he was really gassed.  And I think he would play much better if Campbell were next to him cleaning some stuff up.

I think he's going to be just fine for us.  The game will slow down for him.  He needs a real DC to help keep him clean and he just simply needs more game reps, which he will get.

10 hours ago, chefj85 said:

Wasn't there another game he got burned pretty bad at least a couple of times? I don't recall the opponent. He's definitely had a couple of bad games this year. I wouldn't say he's played poorly overall this year beyond those games, though. 

And yeah, he runs his mouth a bit too much but that's a position that's always had quite a bit of bravado to come along with it. 

Maybe, but everyone gives up something, and if they don't it is because they don't get penalized.  

I do recall some guys trying to make a meme about how he called out Justin Jefferson then got owned.  But anyone who actually watched that game knew that the Packers were playing a really soft zone, and Jefferson caught like 2 passes kind of in Jaire's area.  

I don't recall any game that I felt that he was playing poorly before last week.  He wasn't a superstar, but he hasn't been bad either.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Maybe, but everyone gives up something, and if they don't it is because they don't get penalized.  

I do recall some guys trying to make a meme about how he called out Justin Jefferson then got owned.  But anyone who actually watched that game knew that the Packers were playing a really soft zone, and Jefferson caught like 2 passes kind of in Jaire's area.  

I don't recall any game that I felt that he was playing poorly before last week.  He wasn't a superstar, but he hasn't been bad either.

I think it was Buffalo he got beat a couple of times pretty bad. I'm not 100% sure, though. 

16 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Honestly didn't realize people thought Jaire wasn't playing well.  He looks the same as he always has on tape, flies to the ball and is stickier than tree sap in man.  Only issue for him is that Barry keeps calling coverages that ask him to cover no one at all, which is not an ideal use of resources IMO.  Still working through the Eagles game, but man it's been a minute since I've seen a DC so thoroughly undressed from a game plan standpoint.  Eagles knew exactly what to call on every snap.

The first time we ran the 5 man front and they called that RG/RT pull to the left was pretty much when I gave up.

The 2nd or 3rd coverage snap rep where we sent 4, dropped 6 and had Quay as the spy, but then sent both DTs in the B gap so the Center had a clean kill shot on Quay, and Hurts followed it right up the middle for a conversion. Kill me now. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The first time we ran the 5 man front and they called that RG/RT pull to the left was pretty much when I gave up.

The 2nd or 3rd coverage snap rep where we sent 4, dropped 6 and had Quay as the spy, but then sent both DTs in the B gap so the Center had a clean kill shot on Quay, and Hurts followed it right up the middle for a conversion. Kill me now. 

I just hope MLF looks at this stuff and realizes a change at DC has to occur. Probbaly my biggest worry for this offeason is he somehow stands pat there.

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I just hope MLF looks at this stuff and realizes a change at DC has to occur. Probbaly my biggest worry for this offeason is he somehow stands pat there.

I've never been more confident in something occuring with our team than Barry being fired a day or two after the Lions game.