Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've never been more confident in something occuring with our team than Barry being fired a day or two after the Lions game.

How confident are you that if Barry is sent packing that MLF will make a good hire to replace him?

Because my confidence level for that happening is very low.  But maybe he learned after hiring Drayton and then Bisanich.  Or however you spell his name, too lazy to look it up.

22 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

The problem with Barry being fired now is —> interim DC might do good and Matt L forced to stay with him.

I dont want that to happen. Let Barry take the tanking responsibilities and Matt L actually find a good DC come offseason. 

I'm not questioning anything that you posted....just asking a question.

Barry sucks, right?  I mean, he's horrible.

So what exactly happened last year when the D was pretty good despite not having Z and not having JA?

What changed?  OC's figure him out that quickly....again?  Players stop believing in the scheme?  Players like RD playing out of position?  Players regressing that much?  All the above?

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So what exactly happened last year when the D was pretty good despite not having Z and not having JA?

What changed?  OC's figure him out that quickly....again?  Players stop believing in the scheme?  Players like RD playing out of position?  Players regressing that much?  All the above?

Probably partly OC's figuring him out and probably partly the players kind of losing belief in his scheme.  Guys like Jaire started questioning things after the week one turd in Minnesota.

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

How confident are you that if Barry is sent packing that MLF will make a good hire to replace him?

Because my confidence level for that happening is very low.  But maybe he learned after hiring Drayton and then Bisanich.  Or however you spell his name, too lazy to look it up.

Can't blame him for Drayton, we didn't want to spend $$$ on ST until it lost us a playoff game.

30 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Is Bisaccia any good?  ST has been downright awful again

Special teams is a culture thing.

How many special teams coordinators has Belichick had? I’m genuinely asking, I could be wrong, but in Green Bay, there is a complacency problem.

Amari Rodgers would have been benched by 31 other teams in half the time. Same for Montgomery.

When players continue making mistakes and don’t get replaced, that breeds complacency.

It’s why we get better input by the Nixon and Douglas types than we do our own players, and then we re-sign them, and then that complacency sits in and then they’re worthless.

• Like 1

Punt we are again 3rd to last, only thing we are even decent at is Kickoff Return.

Rodgers is the tip of the iceberg here.  I do agree there isn't enough churn and competition on STs.  Not sure that more starters is the answer, but a rookie ILB should surely be playing STs, no?

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

30th in DVOA

But somehow seem better. Still, it's super disappointing.

I think if you throw out Amari Rodgers and his fumbles, which I'm not sure you should because that's partly on him too, then it looks a little better?  But still the worst unit it just has super low expectations so nobody is ringing the alarm.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Because my confidence level for that happening is very low.  ....

I'm with you.  I don't trust MLF to find anybody who's really good or really smart or analytical-game-planning clever.  

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I think it has a lot to do with Tackling, it's been so so much worse than last season. Especially the LBs and Ss. Campbell missed more tackles than he did all of last season before he got hurt, Amos has missed a ton as well and just doesn't look the same. Walker has been inconsistent there as well. Then the scheme it's just been terrible, they aren't doing anything to change it up or adjust besides personnel, offenses can do whatever they want basically. 

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

How does the GB special teams rank under MLF vs McCarthy?

Might be how the HC prioritize those reps in practice.  May not matter who the ST coach is if limited reps/time in practice is spent on it

I remember one year we did super good in ST’s under MM era….I think its 2015…

MM had put extra emphasis that year on ST’s