Is Geno Smith a Franchise Quarterback Now?

brownie man

Is Geno Smith a Franchise Quarterback   

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is Geno Smith now a franchise quarterback?

He's a quality rebound for a bad breakup. He's going to be a nice bridge relationship to buy you some time. He's not going to be "the one" material, but he's also not going to be a terrible significant other either. So, probably not marriage material, but yeah. He's a lot like Alex Smith IMO. Not going to elevate you or win you games, but he will help you beat teams that you should and keep you competitive and relevant. 

31 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Honestly? No idea on this one. No clue whatsoever.

jim harbaugh GIF

I think we need to address the elephant in the room. Pete Carroll is a QB whisperer - he developed Matt Leinert into a top 10 pick, his backup at USC Matt Cassell was a Pro Bowl QB in KC (maybe not GREAT, but find me a *career* college backup QB with a better NFL career) and would have probably done similar things in Seattle if Matt Flynn won that QB competition in 2011. Heck, Drew Bledsoe probably had his best years as a pro with Carroll as his coach 

It's the only logical conclusion I can come to on this one. Whatever QB gets in touch with Pete Carroll turns into a really good QB - next season, we’ll all witness the Drew Lock MVP campaign and when we start the “How the hell is Drew Lock good at football” thread, remember what I’m saying here.

• Like 9

Whatever happens this season, I think it would be pretty stupid for them to ignore QB next offseason if they are in position to get one.    There have been later career one or two season wonders in the past.    Geno looks solid, but I wouldn't bet on it lasting multiple seasons.   Im not saying they should reach on a QB, but if they have a chance at someone they like, dont just assume Geno is the long term solution, because he likely isnt.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

It already has. 

If youre talking about last year, he still has yet to play a full combined season since 2014.    

I have nothing against the guy and hope he has success, but Im talking about prolonged success.     Not impossible, but as I said, I think the Seahawks should still be looking for a QBotF. 

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If he's this guy for 3-5 years he ABSOLUTELY can win a SB.

I agree with that honestly but I haven't seen that enough too is that enough to jump to that conclusion yet, But he has certainly been better for the Seattle Seahawks than he ever was for anyone else hes ever played for in the NFL

3 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If he's this guy for 3-5 years he ABSOLUTELY can win a SB.

This is the answer. Honestly if this version of Geno Smith had the LOB teams, they’d be the same level of contenders they were back then. 

I feel like a lot of people are saying no because they remember his first and second year on the Jets nearly a decade ago. He’s pretty much been good every time he needed to suit up for Seattle even before this year. Just off this year, he absolutely could be a franchise QB even if he settles in a little bit from where he is right now. 

• Like 3