Week 8: NE Pats vs NY Jets

Bobby816

Crazy to set these expectations…. But I’m hoping for a better defensive game than the GB game. Like GB the only guys that can hurt you for NE are the RBs. Our secondary is vastly better than what they have at WR and TE. So if we can stop Stevenson and Harris and force Mac to throw. We’re going to be in great shape. And at that point it just math 😉 We get the ball enough back on offense and can keep the D fresh. We’ll score some TDs. In an ideal world be blow them out. Saleh might have too much respect if we are fortunate enough to be in that situation to be a ****** like BB and run it up. Take the high road seems the Saleh way.

14 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

MLF said Moore might be used more slot. 

Probably bc we’re going to use a Wilson on the outside with Davis out. But when Davis comes back I Roxie think it to be as it was. Only way I see Moore getting targets that he seems to be ok with is teams stacking the box on us and saying Wilson has to beat us with his arm and the WRs are 1 on 1. And pretty much all of our WRs can do that. And I think Zach can’t hit them. It’s whether to OK gives him enough time to do that. 

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

MLF said Moore might be used more slot. 

I like it, hopefully that gets him going since it's the easy throws for Zach to the slot.  Wilson and Mims outside with Moore in the slot works.  Let Mims line up as the X and allow Wilson and Moore to be motioned around.  Mims can be the decoy and blocker.

There is no doubt Belichick is going to force Z. Wilson to throw the ball early and often on Sunday. There is no way he is going to let Michael Carter or James Robinson or whomever establish the run. 

I think LaFleur should use all three of G. Wilson, Moore and even Mims a ton this weekend. If Davis is out, these three are the young stud WRs with the draft pedigree and the potential. Let them loose and see if they can get open. If they can't then maybe Moore and/or Mims can be moved before the deadline. If they can get open, but the QB is incapable of connecting with them (which is likely), then find a QB who can connect.

Sooner or later, our lack of QB is going to become a factor. Defenses in the NFL are too good to let us off the hook too much longer.

6 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

There is no doubt Belichick is going to force Z. Wilson to throw the ball early and often on Sunday. There is no way he is going to let Michael Carter or James Robinson or whomever establish the run. 

I think LaFleur should use all three of G. Wilson, Moore and even Mims a ton this weekend. If Davis is out, these three are the young stud WRs with the draft pedigree and the potential. Let them loose and see if they can get open. If they can't then maybe Moore and/or Mims can be moved before the deadline. If they can get open, but the QB is incapable of connecting with them (which is likely), then find a QB who can connect.

Sooner or later, our lack of QB is going to become a factor. Defenses in the NFL are too good to let us off the hook too much longer.

Hoodie will definitely force Zach to pass while flooding the middle of the field. He did the same against the Bears but guess what? They didn’t stop running and kept spreading the Patriots out horizontally. MLF should do the same. Don’t deviate, beat them into submission. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Hoodie will definitely force Zach to pass while flooding the middle of the field. He did the same against the Bears but guess what? They didn’t stop running and kept spreading the Patriots out horizontally. MLF should do the same. Don’t deviate, beat them into submission. 

Man I remember one of the year Brady was there and we had an elite DL. More recently than the Sanchez DLine days. I think it was when we had Mo, Leo, Sheldon and crew. And BB knew he couldn’t run and literally ran the ball if I’m correct less than 5 times the whole game. Now they did a ton of passing to the RBs. But didn’t run pretty much at all.

So I wonder since he knows our rushing game is what has us winning if he eliminates that for us and forces Zach to win. Seems like something BB would do. But as I said…. I think a stacked box with our WRs 1 on 1 against there CBs we have the clear advantage. So I’ll welcome that.

On a similar note, 82.1% of teams since 1990 that have started 6-2 have gone on to make playoffs compared to 63.7% of teams that started 5-3.

Man this game is huge. We have a MASSIVE good chance to make playoffs at 6-2 nd crushing the Pats hopes. If the Jets come out with a win this could be the spot where the Jets FINALLY move ahead of the Pats. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

On a similar note, 82.1% of teams since 1990 that have started 6-2 have gone on to make playoffs compared to 63.7% of teams that started 5-3.

Man this game is huge. We have a MASSIVE good chance to make playoffs at 6-2 nd crushing the Pats hopes. If the Jets come out with a win this could be the spot where the Jets FINALLY move ahead of the Pats. 

We also have a friendly schedule to finish the year. I have to see what this RB duo looks like now. Losing Hall is big IMO. AVT was an MVP. But Hall was a game changer. So we’ll see how big losing him is.

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Losing Corey for this game sucks

NE just lost their stating C and best IDL.  New starting center on the road in hostile environment is going to be rough.  Plus their best IDL run stuffer is out on a unit that wasn't all that impressive to begin with.  Losing Hall / AVT / Davis are crushing blows.  Arguably our 3 best offensive players so this levels the playing field some at least and now we can hopefully still run the ball well and ruin Jones' afternoon. 

The trenches are such a key to our success no reason we can't dominate them on Sunday. 

7 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Definitely a large swing there but it should be noted that there is now one more game power season so I feel like that would impact the percentages