Week 8 Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Hard to swallow, but right now he looks like a middling starter at best.

Sounds about right.  19th in Average Depth of Target, 21st in completion percentage, before this game.  With the league's softest positional schedules, though.  Translates to 22nd as a passer this year, the mid 20s in 2023.

I'm going to go on a rant about the NFL's broadcasting for a moment. This game was just on ESPN+. Yea, I know how to stream games I want to see, but I'm not going through that effort to watch the Jags play the Broncos. 

Thursday nights are on Prime. I have a top of the line computer and the thing crashes over and over again on me, and they are getting Sunday NFL Ticket next year.

DirecTV still has Sunday Ticket this year. I live in an area where there is frequently storms and I lose coverage despite paying a few hundred for it.

I luckily do not watch as much football as I used to as I'm not a big fan of the product, but this is ridiculous. The league is losing sight of the forest for the trees here. Getting eyes on their product is their business. Not chasing every last dollar in an effort to increase revenue .01%.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I'm going to go on a rant about the NFL's broadcasting for a moment. This game was just on ESPN+. Yea, I know how to stream games I want to see, but I'm not going through that effort to watch the Jags play the Broncos. 

Thursday nights are on Prime. I have a top of the line computer and the thing crashes over and over again on me, and they are getting Sunday NFL Ticket next year.

DirecTV still has Sunday Ticket this year. I live in an area where there is frequently storms and I lose coverage despite paying a few hundred for it.

I luckily do not watch as much football as I used to as I'm not a big fan of the product, but this is ridiculous. The league is losing sight of the forest for the trees here. Getting eyes on their product is their business. Not chasing every last dollar in an effort to increase revenue .01%.

The nfl's policies on broadcasting have baffled me forever.   Every stand alone game should be free and every out of market game should be ppv.