Week 8 Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, WheatieMan said:

It's not your Alex Smith/Harbaugh 49ers... not much better either though, but better offensively.

Yes I was a bit indifferent during the Harbs era. Especially with Alex at QB. Growing with Montana/Young it just didn't feel as fun winning with defense first and foremost. When Colin K came along in 2012 it was like a breath of fresh air. Too bad that was the best he ever got as a quarterback. 

Carrol should be candidate for coach of the year... Geno. Jamal Adams debacle. Metcalf not being a complete diva. Getting production out of a slipshod defense. Just so impressive. Not sure who their offensive coaches are but they've done a terrific job. Dabol still slightly ahead though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

BTW Remember the Titans? Don't look now, but they are cruising through the AFC South. I say that like it's an accomplishment, but great for them after that lackluster start to the year. 

Amazing what having a competent organization in a division full of incompetence does.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Carrol should be candidate for coach of the year... Geno. Jamal Adams debacle. Metcalf not being a complete diva. Getting production out of a slipshod defense. Just so impressive. Not sure who their offensive coaches are but they've done a terrific job. Dabol still slightly ahead though.

Well he just kicked the crap out of the current front runner so yeah Pete should be leading COTY tbh

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

ngl I had no idea they were 5-1 going into today. So with that in mind, I don't think so. Should we?

A lot of people call us an average team. We've beat up on bad teams so far so its hard to tell. 

A lot of our games are one score games but like today, that's due to a missed XP. Last week, it was because we gave up a garbage time TD.