Week 9 Gameday Thread - Green Bay Packers (3-5) at Detroit Lions (1-6)

Striker

Just now, packerstk7 said:

Your argument is that when he had a QB do what was asked of him is that the offense was bad? Or is it that Mariota also didn’t do what was asked?

No.  My argument was that when you have a QB who can't/won't run the offense, you won't look good as a play caller.

• Like 1

Just now, hitnhope said:

Thought they had things figured out 2nd half last week.  Not. tried to tell people it was a pipe dream.

this is what happens when you have no talent on offense.  Positive gains feel like victories but you have to string 15 of them together.  

people still think Gute has put together an acceptable roster?

Rodgers played like *** to the point you wonder if it’s on purpose again. 

Rodgers made three huge mistakes (ball off helmet and underthrowing Bakh and Toure) which cost the Packers 17 points minimum.

Gute/the big three's (Gute, MLM, Murphy) biggest mistake may be not selling Rodgers when he had a chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like Lazard, but I am not even entertaining paying him next season.  We need the WR group to be Watson, Doubs, Rodgers, Toure and whomever we bring in from the draft.  Nobody over like 25 after this season.  If we are going to re-start, just re-start already.  

WOAH.... you're dead wrong. Lazard that guy.

9 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Thought they had things figured out 2nd half last week.  Not. tried to tell people it was a pipe dream.

this is what happens when you have no talent on offense.  Positive gains feel like victories but you have to string 15 of them together.  

people still think Gute has put together an acceptable roster?

Rodgers played like *** to the point you wonder if it’s on purpose again. 

Maybe it's just that he's sucked this year. 

Other than the 1st game and the BIlls game, we win the rest if Rodgers plays even decent. We could have won the MN game if Rodgers played well. He's been the problem. I know that is a difficult conclusion for many, but facts are facts. 

Two red zone picks where good passes are TDs. Throws behind Tonyan for a 3rd pick that would have been a TD. Underthrows Lazard for a big gain on 4th down which might have been a score. Underthrows Toure for a TD when he was wide open too.

Rodgers missed FIVE TD Throws today. 

Gute's biggest mistake was not trading Rodgers's *** for a boatload of picks two years ago. That was GM malpractice. The Packers are going to suffer for that malpractice for potentially years. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like Lazard, but I am not even entertaining paying him next season.  We need the WR group to be Watson, Doubs, Rodgers, Toure and whomever we bring in from the draft.  Nobody over like 25 after this season.  If we are going to re-start, just re-start already.  

I dont dislike Lazard - but clearly he is what he is. A decent WR but no game breaker. Our fault for letting our WR get so light in top talent during the Davante years. When he left - we were left scrambling and clearly Watson's not filled the need. I've nothing against "projects" - happen all the time - and the FO showed some of the necessary urgency in moving up in the draft - but we'd have to say (at this juncture at least) they picked the wrong guy. I mean....he cant stay healthy. Makes a play - takes a hit - gets dragged off the field. Obviously I hope that career arc changes. Turns out we should have snagged somebody with Wyatt's pick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Having more talent always help. Gute should have never traded Davante.

A single player isn't going to fix this offense.  Hell, you could put DeAndre Hopking or JaMarr Chase on this roster and it's not going to change the fact that our offense is a dumpster fire right now.