Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

4 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Looking at the TE prospects, much as I love a good TE and much as I realise that GB needs one, the depth is outta hand. 

Picking one in the first would be a mistake, because it sounds like there will still be quality prospects in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, maybe later. Heck, if they grab someone in the 2nd and another slides to the 3rd, why not. 

agreed.  Washington, Mayer might go round 1.   Then you have Kincaid, Musgrave in round 2.  Might have Laporta, Kraft, Kuntz in the 2/3 range

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

agreed.  Washington, Mayer might go round 1.   Then you have Kincaid, Musgrave in round 2.  Might have Laporta, Kraft, Kuntz in the 2/3 range

Kincaid is atop many lists for top TE overall. Washington's a tough sell in the first since he's mainly a blocker. Mayer is 2 years younger than Kincaid and clearly the better blocker. 

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I think I prefer Myers… he is younger and an all around TE. I see Myers as the next Jason Witten Tony Gonzalez type. Kincaid seems like he has the chance to be a Kelce type, but that seems like a slim chance.

I think Myers fits better with the offense too.

4 hours ago, Green19 said:

I think I prefer Myers… he is younger and an all around TE. I see Myers as the next Jason Witten Tony Gonzalez type. Kincaid seems like he has the chance to be a Kelce type, but that seems like a slim chance.

I think Myers fits better with the offense too.

Michael Myers Fire GIF by Halloween

Edited by MaximusGluteus

13 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Very quick glance at the safeties, the only ones that I like are the (vomits, more than a little) two Illinois guys.

Yeah it’s a poor class this year. I like Branch but he kind of underwhelmed at the combine. 4.58 in the 40? Does he have the speed to play in deep coverage? I’m not sure.

I love Sydney Brown. Not sure he makes it to 78 after the combine. Great instincts and ball skills. Tested very well at combine. Plays like his hair is on fire. Just the kind of attitude our defense needs.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We need to repeat the Brian Brohm experiment. The principle is sound.

Liked not for the thought behind the post, but for the correct use of the word principle.  Would give you two likes if I could.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Truth said:

Branch makes up for speed with football intelligence, he is going to be very good. Question remains is he a difference maker at #15, would love him in rd#2

My issue with him was all of his highlights were blitzes.  I have only taken a shallow look at any prospect, so my word isn't gospel, but he seemed like a free runner for almost all of his tackles.  And at Alabama, they out talent their opponent probably 95% of the time.  So some poor freshman RB from Tennessee-Chattanooga misses his block and Branch looks like a stud.  But that situation isn't going to happen in the NFL.  I was looking at a tiny linebacker, not a guy playing safety.  I see a smaller Tariq Carpenter, who we already have. 

47 minutes ago, The Truth said:

Branch makes up for speed with football intelligence, he is going to be very good. Question remains is he a difference maker at #15, would love him in rd#2

There are a few others I'm a little keener on at 15 but wouldn't be disappointed if he was the pick. He is a hell of a football player. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think we want him, and I don't even care if he can't block.

I agree. I'd like to have one of those TEs that are a *weapon* in the passing game - plus a QB that will throw to them.

1 hour ago, The Truth said:

I'll probably throw up if we take him at 15.

Yeah, let's get a slow slot corner that some people project might be good at safety when we should be surrounding our first-year starting QB with as much talent as possible on the offensive side of the ball.

No thanks.