Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

20 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

JSN ran a 4. 48. From what I saw?

Reported between high 4.4 and low 4.5. Semantics at that point. 

What's funny is that what makes JSN so damn impressive, especially as a guy who eats in the MOF, has zero to do with his 40. Look at his shuttle and 3-cone numbers (great predictive traits for a WR relying on precise route running over the middle and in more congested areas of the field). They are elite with a capital E. It shows up on film too. Put JSN in a phone booth with a defender and he can still create separation and space with his hips. Hard to teach that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Nope. 6'4" with a 4.37 40 time. Put Watson on one side and QJ on the other and let DC's figure it out. That's a lot of blazing speed.

Johnson doesn't have the same speed that Watson has.

Johnson is fast, but Watson is on a different level.  

If Johnson is the pick, he's an X all day long.  Which is fine, because we can motion Watson or put him in the slot, like we did last year.

It would work.

It just works better with JSN than it does QJ.

IMHO.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If Johnson is the pick, he's an X all day long.  Which is fine, because we can motion Watson or put him in the slot, like we did last year.

It would work.

IMHO.

You're probably right, but my mantra in modern football is "speed kills." Give me speed. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Nope. 6'4" with a 4.37 40 time. Put Watson on one side and QJ on the other and let DC's figure it out. That's a lot of blazing speed.

We shall see next Thursday at his pro day if he runs. He chose not to run at the combine. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

It wasn’t that long ago ppl were saying JSN was better than Olave and Wilson. I guess out of sight, out of mind last season has ppl forgetting just how good he is.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this scenario reminds me of ppl underrating Jefferson a few years ago.   Draft pundits call for 1st rd WRs for us every year but JJ and JSN are the only WRs I’ve really, really wanted us to take in rd 1.  We didn’t get our shot at JJ but we just might with JSN.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

It wasn’t that long ago ppl were saying JSN was better than Olave and Wilson. I guess out of sight, out of mind last season has ppl forgetting just how good he is.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this scenario reminds me of ppl underrating Jefferson a few years ago.   Draft pundits call for 1st rd WRs for us every year but JJ and JSN are the only WRs I’ve really, really wanted us to take in rd 1.  We didn’t get our shot at JJ but we just might with JSN.  

It would really chap my *** if the Jets take JSN at 13.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It would work.

IMHO.

Johnston has the freakiest ankle flexion for a 6'4 receiver I have ever seen, and he's got eyes in the back of his head I swear. Never seen a player break more tackles with a spin with his back to the defender. 

I still have JSN a smidge higher, but that's a freaky, explosive dude there. Definitely different from Watson, but Johnston gains YAC like he's 5'10 170 at 6'4 210, I could see LaFleur drooling over that.