Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If he doesn't test at all pre-draft, wonder if he gets to 45?

Literally came to post this exact thing. Definitely puts him in the conversation at 45. Hard to spend a 1st on him without any testing, especially with some of the other TEs rising. 

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Davante did kind of struggle early on, and has developed a ton since being drafted.  And you are mis-remembering Michael Crabtree at Texas Tech.  That guy was a game wrecker.  He was never as good in the pros.  And Adams turned out better.  But go back and watch Crabtree in college.  

I think that the real difference is that Adams worked his *** off to become a better route runner and all around player.  Adams isn't big, but he is big enough.  Adams isn't fast, but he is fast enough.  I don't know that he has anything physical that a guy like Crabtree, or many others don't.  

I remember loving Crabtree in college, big time.  

Typically the comps used, at least how I read them, are in the pros.  So the comparison is the collegiate player to the pro player.  As in what the collegiate player can become.

If you see it differently?  Okay.  Then I can get on board with you, because Crabtree was great in college.

That just isn't how I read those comps.

The point of my post was simple...the 40 yard dash isn't the end all be all.  

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rashee Rice looks significantly undervalued on the interwebs. Dude looks like a legit first rounder to me.

Rice seems to be rising a bit lately though. Couple weeks ago, he was ranked in the 70-80 range, now seeing him up in 2nd round range in the mocks I have seen.

32 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rashee Rice looks significantly undervalued on the interwebs. Dude looks like a legit first rounder to me.

I think the issue with Rice is that he's coming from an offense with a limited route tree and would need to take time to learn NFL route running. Kid is plenty talented but we've seen kids come from similar type of systems and just not click. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I remember loving Crabtree in college, big time.  

Typically the comps used, at least how I read them, are in the pros.  So the comparison is the collegiate player to the pro player.  As in what the collegiate player can become.

If you see it differently?  Okay.  Then I can get on board with you, because Crabtree was great in college.

That just isn't how I read those comps.

The point of my post was simple...the 40 yard dash isn't the end all be all.  

I absolutely agree that 40 isn't everything. 

I always thought that the comps are comparing both at the time they enter the draft, not the finished product.  

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If he doesn't test at all pre-draft, wonder if he gets to 45?

Can't see him getting to 45.  He's in the 30s at the very latest.  I'd be ecstatic if he dropped to us.

Kinda flip-flopping between Washington and Kincade.  Kincade is a nice present for Jordan Love, Washington would be a key piece in MLFs run oriented offense.   

Musgrave and LaPorta are good TEs too.

Edited by NFLGURU

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'd love to come out of the first two rounds with:

Peter Skoronski

Dalton Kincaid

Rashee Rice

EDGE/DL

Rice meets GB thresholds IIRC too. I mock him to GB often 

8 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Can't see him getting to 45.  He's in the 30s at the very latest.  I'd be ecstatic if he dropped to us.

Kinda flip-flopping between Washington and Kincade.  Kincade is a nice present for Jordan Love, Washington would be a key piece in MLFs run oriented offense.   

Musgrave and LaPorta are good TEs too.

Man, Kincade just catches everything, even if he’s not open. I really like 4 of these TE’s and LaPorta had a great workout too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Man, Kincade just catches everything, even if he’s not open. I really like 4 of these TE’s and LaPorta had a great workout too. 

Packers need to take 1 if not 2 of these tight ends.  Take 1 in the 2nd and another in the 4th.