Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

It's funny his agility, change of direction and body control would measure poorly based on the 3-cone drill, but people have been posting videos raving about his agility, change of direction and body control for a big WR.    

We did this with DK Metcalf, thought we'd learned our lesson, but I guess not. Taking someone off a board because of a drill of 3 cones is ridiculous.

We're worried about this man's agility???

• Like 1

Green Bay got three potential starters at WR in last year's draft. They lost Cobb and Lazard. IF you want to replace the Cobb and Lazard like players with draft picks....you are probably looking at Trey Palmer from NE for the Cobb replacement and Jadon Haselwood from AR for the Lazard replacement. 

However we live in the now and reality is different than it was just a few minutes ago. Green Bay said they need experienced wideouts to go with the youngsters. Will they get 1 or 2? If it's one, then maybe they will draft a wide out to replace Lazard. If they get two experienced wideouts....then the Packers may not draft any, just a few TEs.

As much as I like JSN, he might not be on their radar. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

ExZxTGaXMAEugDK.png

FDmokKbWYAgKxb_.png

ExZsxKHWQAEB70e.png

EKGphdDXYAADrff.png

Doesn't seem like the composite agility score really matters.

All second rounders (sans Jones)…plus Gute didn’t draft them. Like I said, QJ will have to fall some before I think GB picks him.

Edited by Green19

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

We did this with DK Metcalf, thought we'd learned our lesson, but I guess not. Taking someone off a board because of a drill of 3 cones is ridiculous.

We're worried about this man's agility???

I’m not saying they take QJ off the board… I’m merely saying he would need to fall more than 15 for GB to over look his 3 cone.

But again, they do overlook some things. jaire’s height, if the rumors about Hyatt are true… they will over look his weight.

So who know… but in the 1st round they tend to be more strict with metrics. Again if he falls QJ becomes more of an option 

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

This seems like a REALLY shallow draft for WRs that fit our metrics. Which makes me think QJ is even more valued than normal.

I feel the same way.

My only grey area is size.  There are some big WR's and then some very small receivers.  Height wise.

I still view Watson and Doubs as developing or developmental WR's, so if GB has a chance at a kid who may have some polish on him already, like JSN, I think they will really want that.

And while I feel like QJ is more developmental than JSN...I can't argue against him running underneath/quick routes while Watson takes guys deep.  

If we want to draft our next "Lazard" or big blocking slot, I think this is a pretty good draft to grab on in the 4'th or 5'th round.  I think there are some nice sized guys projected there.  AT Perry comes to mind right away.

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You need to get to the 3rd round and day 3 guys. Jonathan Mingo, AT Perry, Bryce Ford-Wheaton, Matt Landers, Andre Iosivas, Matt Landers, Cedric Tillman, Xavier Hutchinson, Trey Palmer, Michael Wilson.

When it comes to top 2 round guys, it's very light though. I will agree with you there. QJ and Rashee Rice. JSN is probably close enough to consider in the threshold too. 

Mingo might be my favorite round 3/round 4 guy at this point. Hits the size and athletic profile and, as a bonus, he's actually a pro-ready WR. Runs crisp routes and had a pretty diverse route tree at Ole Miss, unlike we see with a lot of college WRs coming out. Exhibit A: 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Mingo might be my favorite round 3/round 4 guy at this point. Hits the size and athletic profile and, as a bonus, he's actually a pro-ready WR. Runs crisp routes and had a pretty diverse route tree at Ole Miss, unlike we see with a lot of college WRs coming out. Exhibit A: 

You found one of the Packer acorns. On game tracking speed Mingo plays faster than Jalin Hyatt, yet Mingo is 220 pounds and Wyatt is 176. Crazy thing is Peter Bukowski is trying to claim that the Packers love Wyatt, an undersized player who plays in an offense that will handicap any skill player moving on to the NFL. Bukowski proves every draft season just how clueless he is.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The grades for Mingo are crazy. Top 64 player in this class. He and AT Perry are far better football players than draft media leads you to believe. You never see Mingo rated ahead of Tillman, and he's clear as day better to me. 

43 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Even in the Packers twitter circled Mingo is really heating up.

Edited by HighCalebR