Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Tackle and Edge. Throw another DT in the mix. 

I think we're gonna end up in Tyree Wilson or Peter Skoronski range. Might get "lucky" and land Paris Johnson Jr or Myles Murphy. Only downside on Wilson is his age (23 when drafted).

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

I normally don't get close with the early round draft picks, but it seems reasonable that an OT, or Edge or a WR are the most likely round 1 and 2 choices.

QB too, if the Pack don't believe in Love.

More unexpected picks (imo) would include Corner and Safety (not impossible, but less likely). RB is a longshot for round 2, if they think they get A.J.'s replacement. TE in round 2 is possible, as well.

DT and ILB and interior OL seem unlikely (to me) at this point.

Now wait and be amazed as DT and FS are the first two picks................

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

19 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

what position are you leaning or wanting? I would say Edge would be the most required right now with Gary's acl. T would be a distant second for me if we pick before 20.

Edge, safety, TE, DL, RB, WR, QB, T; is my order of need for this team.  Obviously, we have to wait to see what players are possibly available and what pick we have.  I am not advocating for a TE or RB in the first, but, you never know what the board looks like at this point.  I think the only way that I am taking a T is if there is a Bryan Bulaga type that just falls for no reason.  

22 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Drafting a safety first round would be dumb. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Gute did that.  He's bad at his job.

Opinion without context tells me nothing. WHY is Safety in the first round dumb ?  Also, can you show that Gute is worse than the average GM in the league ? Without seeing some solid reasoning behind it, I am unlikely to give much weight to what you believe.

I would really like a move TE that can stretch the field for this offense. Really feel like we haven’t had one since Finley. Maybe Jared Cook but no one else. 

This class seems like it could be strong at OT and EDGE so those two positions would be my top choice. If Michael Mayer, the TE from Notre Dame, was BPA wherever we end up picking it would be hard to say no. Think he could be special in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

I would really like a move TE that can stretch the field for this offense. Really feel like we haven’t had one since Finley. Maybe Jared Cook but no one else. 

This class seems like it could be strong at OT and EDGE so those two positions would be my top choice. If Michael Mayer, the TE from Notre Dame, was BPA wherever we end up picking it would be hard to say no. Think he could be special in the NFL.

What is Tonyan if not that?

• Like 1

People think you can just get a Travis Kelce.

They don’t know tight ends all that well.

Tonyan is currently 14th in the NFL in receiving yards by a TE.

Less than 100 receiving yards separates him from 6th in receiving yards.

300 receiving yards separate number one from number two.

The last thing this offense needs is a TE. TE is the single most overrated position in football.