Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

53 minutes ago, R T said:

You're consistently triggered about all thing AR that is a given. 

You might want to reread what I typed; I said the PLAN for Amari was never put into action because of the need to trade for Cobb. How do you conclude 'Amari Rodgers being terrible was on Rodgers' from that?

Oh so now you think AR killed JFK? -PackFan13

• Like 4

1 hour ago, R T said:

You're consistently triggered about all thing AR that is a given. 

You might want to reread what I typed; I said the PLAN for Amari was never put into action because of the need to trade for Cobb. How do you conclude 'Amari Rodgers being terrible was on Rodgers' from that?

We had a guy earlier that I confuse with you saying he was doing so well after being traded. I'm also 5 beers deep waiting for the trash golfers Infront of me to pick up their pace of play. 

Edited by PackFan13

3 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

The picks werent so much as left field as we all had Gute following the TT tenets, which hes much looser with. Its not like most of them come from bethune cookman or something. I think Love Savage Rashan were very popular or dang near nailed down as the selection by the time the card came in. Wyatt and stokes both had articles written that the Packers were one of the best potential landing spots.

Think you guys are overthinking this one.

Nobody was talking about Gary as the Packers pick except most didn't like him.  Remember the disappointment on this board when he was selected.  Lack of production was his biggest knock.  Was the last player anyone expected the Packers to take at 12.  Oh yes I remember.  

Alexander wasn't mentioned hardly at all.  Completely off the radar.  Although once he was picked most were on board with it.  

Nah man the Packers always surprise just like Walker last year.  They'll do it again rest assured. 

14 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Nobody was talking about Gary as the Packers pick except most didn't like him.  Remember the disappointment on this board when he was selected.  Lack of production was his biggest knock.  Was the last player anyone expected the Packers to take at 12.  Oh yes I remember.  

Alexander wasn't mentioned hardly at all.  Completely off the radar.  Although once he was picked most were on board with it.  

Nah man the Packers always surprise just like Walker last year.  They'll do it again rest assured. 

I think youre definitely wrong on Gary. First article that pops up "Packers: Clay Matthews left via free agency and while Kyler Fackrell is coming off a career year (10.5 sack), edge rusher remains a need. Whether Gary is the right fit is another matter though Green Bay has two first-rounders (No. 12 and No. 30) to decide."

I know Gary was real hot here, maybe not with you, specifally, but definitely as a forum.

So 3/6 of his 1st rounders literally were in articles about which teams are the best fits. When Love was on the board and the Packers take Love tell me you were SHOCKED that it happened, seemed like it was going to happen. Hardly surpising.

So Quay because ILB and Jaire because he was short.

And this also literally doesnt matter at all, so believe what you want.

Edited by HighCalebR

2 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

I dont see how bijan makes it to 15. A true blue chip imo. Vision reminds me of leveon bell in his prime.

Balance and acceleration are reggie bushesque. 

He is the Packers will be in quite a conundrum if he's still available.  Clearly he'll be BPA but positional value isn't there.  Man you almost have to take him.  I'm thinking OT Edge DT or possibly CB in round 1.  If Packers hold true to form.  CB would make me kinda puke but could see them doing it if BPA.  Seems impossible but wonder if Carter slips all the way down to us.  Unlikely but with reports of him being out of shape and the traffic arrest well maybe that's enough to push him down.  Unlikely I know but sometimes the unexpected happens.  OT either Jones or Johnson not sure they would pull the trigger on Wright that early.  Van Ness or Murphy at Edge.  Witherspoon at CB.  

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I think youre definitely wrong on Gary. First article that pops up "Packers: Clay Matthews left via free agency and while Kyler Fackrell is coming off a career year (10.5 sack), edge rusher remains a need. Whether Gary is the right fit is another matter though Green Bay has two first-rounders (No. 12 and No. 30) to decide."

Gary was in the conversation because of the position he played, but I can't remember anyone pounding the table for him, especially with Brian Burns still on the board. 

9 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Gary was in the conversation because of the position he played, but I can't remember anyone pounding the table for him, especially with Brian Burns still on the board. 

Well I know for sure there was at LEAST one poster who was fine with either one, as long as they got a freak.

aaand what youre saying is he WASNT left field, because we needed rushers?

Edited by HighCalebR

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What are the odds Gute goes full 1st round Gute and takes Adetomiwa Adebawore at 15...

He took most of his snaps outside the tackle and that's where he looked really good in college. He has really long arms for his height. He's unbelievably explosive for his mass. His stats don't do him justice. Planet theory. We like our big EDGE guys. He isn't gonna fall back into coverage, but he can be a base EDGE (already a plus run defender) and move inside on passing downs.

If the staff likes the man enough to take him at 15, I'd be absolutely delighted. He definitely has the traits to be an elite NFL player.

Edited by incognito_man