Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

14 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

The back issues almost certainly pushed his draft stock down somewhat.   I was just suggesting that for any number of reasons the top TE's in the league have not arrived via 1st round draft pick.

And you are not wrong on that, at all.

@MrBobGray wrote a wonderful post about TE's and their production.  More like their lack of production.  And he went back, many, many years.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Is Gute doing a presser today?

Aargh! This just made me realize how relentlessly the trade (or non-trade) of #12 is going to loom over and bleed into all of the multiple pressers this coming week. And when it's not that it will be "Brian, did the fact that Jordan Love will be the starter impact your decision to take/not take a (fill in position here) in the (fill in round here)?"

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Let me know what works for you, I'll try it myself. In the end bourbon probably will be it.

I still think the board would have to fall really badly and there be very underwhelming trade-down options for us to do that. I remain confident Gute is a true premium guy in the (early) 1st. I wouldn't bet on us taking Mayer at 15, but it also wouldn't come completely out of left field for me either.

My current guesses for 15 (or 13):

OL - 30%

EDGE - 25%

Trade Down - 20%

WR - 10%

IDL - 10%

Other position - 4%

Trade Up - 1%

45 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So who we picking at 13 guys? 

I think an OT or EDGE is more likely. I’d be shock if they took JSN or TE that high.

I would also say a trade down seems more and more likely though too.

If they stick at 13 here are the guys I think are a consideration

• Broderick Jones
  • Paris Johnson

These are the OT.  Skoronski maybe if they consider him an OT not a G.

• Quentin Johnston 

The only WR I wouldn't freak out about at 13 in a negative way (though I would be fine with JSN I don't think the packers are gonna take a slot guy at 13)

• Jalen Carter

don't think DT is on their "need" list due to last years draft but might be a BPA situation.  Lots of ??? on him

• Tyree Wilson
  • Nolan Smith

Don't think Anderson will be there.  Smith is enough of a freak for them to go for it here I think.  Myles Murphy... nah no thanks at 13.

And then I think you're out of value/positional need.  Assuming 3-4 QBs, 2 CBs, and 1 Other player drafted like JSN or Skoronski or Bijan, then that's who I think we're actually looking at.