Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

Do you need to watch college football or is there validity on the internet's general pick range for drafting players?

What is the range if an aggregate of football autodidactic fans post a football player is going in the first round? I'm going to guess 70 percent chance it happens fersure. Maybe a higher percentage? I don' t want to watch college football or look at the concubine numbers  or any non controversial objective measurement.  Is there a website that collects mock drafts and collates the data into predictive telemetric analytics? I have time because I don't work but I don't know who is knowledgeable and who is blind drunk minesweeper guessing. Too many unknowns. I guess that is the appeal. One team needs a fast player another team needs a strong person or two and yet another team needs someone with grit, something that can't be measured or secured by standard application. Now these new thoughts makes my question bombastic. Nvmnd. It's not a good question at any level. I mean I like big noses but if you saw a picture of me you would right away notice that I, myself, have a large nose. That's as far as it goes. ferserious.

6 hours ago, svp said:

Do you need to watch college football or is there validity on the internet's general pick range for drafting players?

Generally, the consensus is pretty good.  There is usually some kind of surprise rise or fall, but for the most part, the round 1 guys will go in round 1, etc.  It is a little less accurate the further down the board you go, and that can be ascribed to different evaluators, and team philosophies/needs.  And most of the sites can't evaluate every single team need and value correctly.  Most of the rankings are blank slate rankings as if there were 32 empty rosters looking to fill vacant spots.

And they should get updated as more information is available.  Right now, I don't believe underclassmen have even declared.  Wait until a little after the combine and the lists should be pretty accurate.  

Edited by ThatJerkDave

15 hours ago, svp said:

What is the range if an aggregate of football autodidactic fans post a football player is going in the first round? I'm going to guess 70 percent chance it happens fersure. Maybe a higher percentage? I don' t want to watch college football or look at the concubine numbers  or any non controversial objective measurement.  Is there a website that collects mock drafts and collates the data into predictive telemetric analytics? I have time because I don't work but I don't know who is knowledgeable and who is blind drunk minesweeper guessing. Too many unknowns. I guess that is the appeal. One team needs a fast player another team needs a strong person or two and yet another team needs someone with grit, something that can't be measured or secured by standard application. Now these new thoughts makes my question bombastic. Nvmnd. It's not a good question at any level. I mean I like big noses but if you saw a picture of me you would right away notice that I, myself, have a large nose. That's as far as it goes. ferserious.

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/mock.scores.shtml

I think this might be kinda what you're looking for.

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

New Rule: If you make a mock draft that doesn't include the Packers trading out of the 3rd round, you're not doing it right. 

Did we anticipate Rhyan playing last year? Jenkins and Bahk returning. Bypassing Runyan, Newman and Hanson along with being more raw than Tom (still have absolutely no idea how they went Rhyan over Tom on their board, that's the real question) it was assumed that Rhyan was going to redshirt.

I hope the roids helped him going into next year, as Runyan needs a serious battle for RG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Did we anticipate Rhyan playing last year? Jenkins and Bahk returning. Bypassing Runyan, Newman and Hanson along with being more raw than Tom (still have absolutely no idea how they went Rhyan over Tom on their board, that's the real question) it was assumed that Rhyan was going to redshirt.

I hope the roids helped him going into next year, as Runyan needs a serious battle for RG.

Honestly, no reason he shouldn't have been pushing for a starting OL spot.  Both Bakh and Jenkins coming off knee injuries.  He could have taken one of the guard spots opposite of Jon Runyan.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Probably not but the point remains...

Maybe draft a guy in the 3rd you anticipate playing? It's not like we have an awesome roster. 

It's a hilarious stat either way. 

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, no reason he shouldn't have been pushing for a starting OL spot.  Both Bakh and Jenkins coming off knee injuries.  He could have taken one of the guard spots opposite of Jon Runyan.

Very much this.  We had Nijman at LT, Newman at RT with the first string.  Then Myers, Runyan, and ____ at interior.  The fact that he couldn't surpass what we had, which I believe was Cole VanLanen, Jake Hanson, Michael Manet, and a guy that I think was named George, should have been a red flag.  They even had Newman playing RG with the second team sometimes when Hanson was getting C work.  Rhyan was like 3rd team guard and getting destroyed in preseason.  Definitely not what you want out of a third rounder.  

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:
6 hours ago, Norm said:

Our next third round pick will be a HOFer, serious.

In what industry though your tricksy trickster!

ay more like our next third round pick will worker at a hofer's ya know what im saying guy 

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

New Rule: If you make a mock draft that doesn't include the Packers trading out of the 3rd round, you're not doing it right. 

I was thinking of doing one where Packers trade down with early picks and trade up with later picks so they end up with nothing but 3rd round picks.  Exorcise those demons!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We played Hanson...for the love of God, think about that.  We.  Played.  Hanson.  In.  A.  Real.  NFL.  Game.

How bad is Rhyan that we had to do that?

Or how bad are our coaches at evaluating OL talent?

I absolutely thought Rhyan would challenge for reps at guard.  And I'll feel that way this coming year, too.