Week 10 Mike McCarthy Revenge Game Gameday Thread - Green Bay Packers (3-6-0) vs. Dallas Cowboys (6-2-0)

Striker

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I hope so. Rodgers under BB's stoic tutelage would have been amazing to see if he bought in.

I don't think that will work out.  But I do have a read that BB really likes/respects Rodgers.  And he LOVES to trade for guys that have burned him in the past, and Rodgers has definitely burned him.

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Would make sense.

I  would expect Indy, Atlanta, New Orleans, San Francisco, New York Giants, and possibly New England to be suitors.

If packers are willing to trade Rodgers, the market will be ROBUST.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-legend-michael-irvin-predicts-amazons-jeff-bezos-buy-commanders-land-aaron-rodgers.amp
think it’s very possible 

defense is good , run game is decent , OL can be rebuild with our cap space 

Rodgers in dc under bezos the stadium pack a few primetime games 

We prefer vets over anything and Rodgers is an upgrade on a 1-2 year qb play over wentz 

Just speculation but I do see Rodgers getting traded for sure I just don’t think he’s going to retire just like that . 

Edited by IHatesnyder

1 minute ago, IHatesnyder said:

That’s true I think by the end of the day he will pick which team. Unfortunately he can just retire anytime so my guess is SF or Washington next year . Guys would take a 40 mil cap hit on dead cal tho but if it’s a second or third at this point I would take it for a rebuild mood . 

think you can ****** a second round pick or a third and conditional next year . It’s going be like another Bret farve vibe .

There's no way that Rodgers will be traded for less than a first.  NFL is stupid and Rodgers has huge mystique.  Failed first round QBs like Sam Darnold get traded for a 2nd and 4th, and that's a complete bust guy.  Successful Hall of Fame QBs will be traded for premium compensation - similar to what Wilson fetched, although possibly less because of the uncertainty that he will continue to play ball.

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

There's no way that Rodgers will be traded for less than a first.  NFL is stupid and Rodgers has huge mystique.  Failed first round QBs like Sam Darnold get traded for a 2nd and 4th, and that's a complete bust guy.  Successful Hall of Fame QBs will be traded for premium compensation - similar to what Wilson fetched, although possibly less because of the uncertainty that he will continue to play ball.

A first !!!!!!

10 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

A first !!!!!!

Thirteen months later, Seattle traded Wilson to the Denver Broncos along with a 2022 fourth-round pick in exchange for Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, Denver's first- and second-rounders in each of the next two drafts as well as a 2022 fifth-rounder.

AND THEN PAID HIM 48M AAV with 161M GTD.

Edited by skibrett15

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Thirteen months later, Seattle traded Wilson to the Denver Broncos along with a 2022 fourth-round pick in exchange for Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, Denver's first- and second-rounders in each of the next two drafts as well as a 2022 fifth-rounder.

AND THEN PAID HIM 48M AAV with 161M GTD.

He’s younger tho we talking about someone who’s about be 39 dude

And he isn’t having an mvp caliber year 

6 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Time heals all wounds type of thing, but McCarthy is and was stale.

In Dallas he is bouyed by excellent coordinators, NONE of whom he chose.  Whereas in GB he was firing up the same old re-treads that have stymied the organization under MLF.  And when he did get a chance to make a hire, he completely whiffed.

McCarthy is fine.  His coaching style is fine, his organization style is fine.  We didn't lose anything at all by firing him and I'm glad he's gone.  I'm also glad for the good times when he was fresh and innovative and cocky/arrogant.  But those aren't coming back.

They scored 63 more points last year than any point in the 10 year Garrett tenure.

McCarthy being able to work with Dan Quinn is not something that should be remotely understated. There are A BUNCH of guys in this league who would not be able to set egos aside and make that relationship work. 

• Like 2

Just gonna run through all of the injuries, hard to keep straight from last week:

Watson - No concussion?  OK

Doubs - High ankle sprain

Runyan - did he come back?  No clue. 

Bak - same old same old

Gary - out for season :(

Stokes - maybe out for season :|

AJones - X-rays negative could play

this about right?

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

But Russ is just as cooked aa AR. Age is just a number baby, until its a law.

Still a first for Rodgers ? Dude ready to retire lol. Reality is going to be a third rounder with a conditional the year after. 

I do see him coming to Washington I understand Bezos a huge fan of him