Week 10 Mike McCarthy Revenge Game Gameday Thread - Green Bay Packers (3-6-0) vs. Dallas Cowboys (6-2-0)

Striker

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse - 

Dallas Cowboys

No. 1 pass-rush grade
No. 3 coverage grade
No. 28 run-defense grade

Green Bay Packers Run the ball effectively on Sunday or die, essentially

This means Rodgers will chuck it around as much as possible

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

If the Packers beat the Cowboys, I'll be watching the clouds for Jesus coming down. 

Not before another Packer Super Bowl. Or before Guillermo Del Toro gets At the Mountain of Madness produced (or directed), and not until there's a LEGITIMATE prequel, sequel or equel to The Thing.

I'd also like zombies to happen first just so I could see if I would survive. I like my odds.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Not before another Packer Super Bowl. Or before Guillermo Del Toro gets At the Mountain of Madness produced (or directed), and not until there's a LEGITIMATE prequel, sequel or equel to The Thing.

I'd also like zombies to happen first just so I could see if I would survive. I like my odds.

Not to derail too much... but it seems to me that surviving a zombie breakout would be pretty easy, if you had a decent stash of food and some clean water, and were in or near a reasonably defensible shelter.  That is, assuming that whatever turns you into a zombie isn't an airborne pathogen.  The zombies will starve to death in probably a week or so, unless it is pure magic, their muscles still need energy to work, and the bodies will run out of fuel reasonably soon.  Rebuilding society and having long-term food sources is the more difficult part.  You would probably be more vulnerable to post zombie survivor raids than the zombies themselves.  

On 11/7/2022 at 3:36 PM, skibrett15 said:

Time heals all wounds type of thing, but McCarthy is and was stale.

In Dallas he is bouyed by excellent coordinators, NONE of whom he chose.  Whereas in GB he was firing up the same old re-treads that have stymied the organization under MLF.  And when he did get a chance to make a hire, he completely whiffed.

McCarthy is fine.  His coaching style is fine, his organization style is fine.  We didn't lose anything at all by firing him and I'm glad he's gone.  I'm also glad for the good times when he was fresh and innovative and cocky/arrogant.  But those aren't coming back.

This.  People need to remember MM is no longer calling plays in Dallas like he was here.  I've always disliked Jerry Jones, but at least he and his boys let MM know he couldn't keep ragtag coordinators like Mike Nolan, whereas here Dom Capers was allowed to stay too long.

Now to be honest, I always thought it was nuts the way people constantly went after him year in and year out, but he reached the end here by 2018 just as Andy Reid did in Philly.  Pretty much the same story.

Now ... I think McCarthy will downplay the whole revenge against Rodgers thing to the press, but no doubt he wants it badly.  I'm still watching because if the ship goes down, I've always gone down with it.  But ... Ohhh boy .... It's not gonna be pretty.

• Like 1