Week 11: Cowboys (6-3) at VIKINGS (8-1)

swede700

7 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Against Buffalo, Za’Darius Smith and Ed Donatell continued their pass rush shenanigans. On the third play for the defense – a 3rd & 8 for the Bills – Buffalo had to call a timeout. Smith was lined up as a middle linebacker. Donatell even had him a few yards off the line of scrimmage. That led to plenty of pointing from the Buffalo offensive line and QB. They were trying to decipher what they were seeing, allocating certain blockers to certain defenders.

Unfortunately for Buffalo, they couldn’t crack the code fast enough. They burned a timeout to ensure Smith didn’t totally ruin their play. It was a subtle move that helped give the Vikings a bit of an edge. Savvy design from Donatell.

https://purpleptsd.com/2022/vikings/opinion/zadarius-smith-and-ed-donatell/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Like 2

On 11/18/2022 at 3:23 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Hoping he cuts into Pollard's time. I'm less worried about Zeke than I am their "backup".

Pollard is obviously a much more explosive runner, but they’re better when they have both. Pollard got gassed when he didn’t have Zeke to share the load a couple games back, and Zeke is a much better pass blocker.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 3:24 AM, viking said:

Parsons Vs Darrisaw is going to be a battle. 

Best young edge in the league Vs the best young tackle

I hope Parsons is given the chance to play a substantial amount on the edges today. He was forced to play off the ball far too much against the Packers because they couldn’t stop the run.

Anthony Barr hasn’t looked great this year, but do you guys think he is capable of having a “revenge game?”

1 hour ago, JohnChimpo said:

I hope Parsons is given the chance to play a substantial amount on the edges today. He was forced to play off the ball far too much against the Packers because they couldn’t stop the run.

Anthony Barr hasn’t looked great this year, but do you guys think he is capable of having a “revenge game?”

I've not been following Barr at all this year. In his last few years with the Vikes he was a "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" kinda player.

I imagine the Vikings will try to mimic the Packers gameplan and run it down your throats

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, viking said:

I've not been following Barr at all this year. In his last few years with the Vikes he was a "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane" kinda player.

I imagine the Vikings will try to mimic the Packers gameplan and run it down your throats

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of. Hopefully Dan Quinn will figure out a way to deal with it. They’re too talented to be this bad against the run.

EDIT: Never mind about Barr. He got injured in the walkthrough, so he’s inactive.

Edited by JohnChimpo