Zach Wilson

biggie.

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, going to ask a question for the class - projecting a bit, but you never know:

What’s Zach Wilson’s trade value? 

Weird situation...I Feel like if he hadn't been predated by Darnold and Rosen, someone would have given up something pretty good for him. But given how recent those were, I feel like teams are going to understand that when you look that bad, the odds that this turns around is pretty bleak. 

Then again, I would never underestimate the trade return of a quarterback lol

I think the answer really should be some sort of conditional pick, but if I just had to give a straight up pick for him, I don't think I'd go higher than a fifth. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I absolutely agree - I think he’d draw less of a return than Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen did. I could see a pick swap along with a day 3 pick to a team with an older vet QB so Wilson could be reset and reformatted, so to speak.

That sounds about right to me.  His value is as a backup with theoretical upside, but even that is balanced out by the perception that he's a locker room problem.  So yeah, a pick swap by someone who's got a vet that's gonna play a little longer but not that much longer.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

That sounds about right to me.  His value is as a backup with theoretical upside, but even that is balanced out by the perception that he's a locker room problem.  So yeah, a pick swap by someone who's got a vet that's gonna play a little longer but not that much longer.

Rams come to mind:

1. Matt Stafford is getting up there and his body is starting to show wear and tear.

2. Eff them picks.

3. Sean McVay got a lot more out of Jared Goff than expected, so he could feasibly get Wilson to play to his physical gifts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Rams come to mind:

1. Matt Stafford is getting up there and his body is starting to show wear and tear.

2. Eff them picks.

3. Sean McVay got a lot more out of Jared Goff than expected, so he could feasibly get Wilson to play to his physical gifts.

If Josh McDaniels liked him in the draft, and with the Patriots drafting Mac Jones that year they obviously did their research into the class, the Raiders make sense as well. Derek Carr would allow McDaniels a year or maybe two to develop him before releasing him back into the starting lineup.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trojan said:

If Josh McDaniels liked him in the draft, and with the Patriots drafting Mac Jones that year they obviously did their research into the class, the Raiders make sense as well. Derek Carr would allow McDaniels a year or maybe two to develop him before releasing him back into the starting lineup.

That’s one I hadn’t thought of, but it fits the criteria. 

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Weird situation...I Feel like if he hadn't been predated by Darnold and Rosen, someone would have given up something pretty good for him. But given how recent those were, I feel like teams are going to understand that when you look that bad, the odds that this turns around is pretty bleak. 

Then again, I would never underestimate the trade return of a quarterback lol

I think the answer really should be some sort of conditional pick, but if I just had to give a straight up pick for him, I don't think I'd go higher than a fifth. 

Yeah, this. I'd rather take a shot on a rookie than someone who's looked awful. I'd give up a 5th at the absolute most.

On the topic of the media being hypocritical scumbags we’re seeing a perfect example today. Lamar Jackson(and I have no problem with his tweet) tweeted some really reckless stuff. It’s a footnote in the news today. Jon Gruden had round the clock coverage with Samantha Ponder and some retired player pretending to cry like imbeciles over some 10 year old private e-mails and was ran out the league. And Zach Wilson was subject to a smear campaign just for not saying “I’m accountable.”

Because they like Lamar Jackson. That’s all that matters. Likability. Same reason people excuse Davante Adams when he’s shoving cameramen or Aaron Donald when he’s trying to nuke players with his helmet.

Edited by DontTazeMeBro

17 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

On the topic of the media being hypocritical scumbags we’re seeing a perfect example today. Lamar Jackson(and I have no problem with his tweet) tweeted some really reckless stuff. It’s a footnote in the news today. Jon Gruden had round the clock coverage with Samantha Ponder and some retired player pretending to cry like imbeciles over some 10 year old private e-mails and was ran out the league. And Zach Wilson was subject to a smear campaign just for not saying “I’m accountable.”

Because they like Lamar Jackson. That’s all that matters. Likability. Same reason people excuse Davante Adams when he’s shoving cameramen or Aaron Donald when he’s trying to nuke players with his helmet.

That's part of it, but Wilson is a 2nd year QB playing in the world's biggest media market, who has been terrible for all but 2 or 3 games in his career thus far. You gotta earn your rope. 

16 minutes ago, Apparition said:

That's part of it, but Wilson is a 2nd year QB playing in the world's biggest media market, who has been terrible for all but 2 or 3 games in his career thus far. You gotta earn your rope. 

Yes. And with all of my posts about him being treated unfairly I do need to be clear he’s a god awful QB. Before the benching the worst starting QB by a mile.

• 3 weeks later...