Zach Wilson

biggie.

23 hours ago, ukjets21 said:
On 12/24/2022 at 4:11 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’ve been saying he will be on the Disney channel in 3 years.

Is that a bombshell at this stage? If you can avoid the cap penalty by shipping him for a conditional pick then it's in everyone's interest now.

As much as I think this is the right decision, Jay Glazer says random stuff with no backing all the time. Do you know how many times he said a Deshaun Watson deal to Miami was about to be announced?

Glazer is absolutely horrible at this.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

As much as I think this is the right decision, Jay Glazer says random stuff with no backing all the time. Do you know how many times he said a Deshaun Watson deal to Miami was about to be announced?

Glazer is absolutely horrible at this.

I mean on this he's just making a prediction that anyone can make based on how bad Wilson has been and the clear contempt he's held in by his team and fanbase. He'd have to be a healthy scratch each week if we didn't find a way to offload him.

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Season 3 Episode 309 GIF by Rick and Morty

I mean it’s two more years you’ve got to control a QB on a rookie deal. 

Apparently Love is going to ask for a trade this off-season. Zach still has talent. You’re probably not finding a QB like him in the 2nd to 3rd rounds. 

It allows you to get some more controllable years on your potential franchise qb. 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Apparently Love is going to ask for a trade this off-season. Zach still has talent. You’re probably not finding a QB like him in the 2nd to 3rd rounds. 

It allows you to get some more controllable years on your potential franchise qb. 

Any team at this point would rather take a shot on a rookie QB than give Zach Wilson a shot. Better to trade Love for extra picks than for a huge bust of a QB.

Makes no sense to do that.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Any team at this point would rather take a shot on a rookie QB than give Zach Wilson a shot. Better to trade Love for extra picks than for a huge bust of a QB.

Makes no sense to do that.

Bingo, I’ll take a QB in the 4th over giving up anything for Wilson. If the Jets want Jordan Love, they’ll have to pony up picks.

29 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Zach for love and we will take a 3rd to boot

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

What do you guys think about the Packers trading Jordan Love for Zach Wilson?

I could see it because they need to buy some more time with Rodgers being resigned and the Jets could use a QB ready to go now.  

Wilson goes to Green Bay?

Yes. Hell, I'm okay if the Vikings throw in draft picks to make it happen. I'm sure Lions and Bears fans feel the same way.

Zach Wilson to Green Bay let's gooooooo!

• Like 2

On 12/25/2022 at 5:26 PM, brownie man said:

I could see it because they need to buy some more time with Rodgers being resigned and the Jets could use a QB ready to go now.  

Would be a modern Steve Young if he somehow succeeded lol.

On 12/25/2022 at 4:26 PM, brownie man said:

I get the premise, but.....no thank you.

Rodgers is likely in GB for one more year.  4'th year of the Love deal.  Then Love gets his 5'th year option picked up and he starts when Rodgers is done next year.

It is all kind of falling into place.  Unless Aaron wants to play longer, then you let Love go via free agency or trade and draft the next kid to develop.

I don't love Wilson the QB prospect.  And his time in the NFL has done nothing to make me think that he has the tools to succeed.  But...it's that contract that makes me really balk at him.  I think there is like 2 years and $20M left on that thing.  If I'm taking over a project, I'd want it to be cheaper than that.