QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Uh oh GB scrambling and grasping at straws now. Believing every report out there.

If we somehow get to use all of our top picks this year and trade a rather small package for AR post draft. This was genius all along.

For me the pressure now is 100% on GB. We have an offer likely that they don’t like at all that includes a pick this year. They don’t take it… and they missed possibly helping Love with a young player ASAP AND still have Rodgers who they don’t want at all. 2 things they don’t want to happen.

We on the other hand can draft 3 good young players to only help this team. Likely a couple OL pieces which QBs are always for. Now the offer changes post draft. Time is of the essence. Not sure what we offer post draft. But value completely changes then. Bc GB opted to not make a deal on a pick they knew exactly where it was. They have no clue now. And devalue those picks. Bc after all they know we’d be damn good next year with AR and our roster. And they still have to get rid of him. And oh ya… let’s not forget that there’s 0 other teams in on him. Unless you of course believe fake news. And I am a firm believer that the league will get involved at some point. That point being schedule release. Which is May 11th.

GB in this (there fans haven’t even wised up to this yet) has slowly every day this trade isn’t through makes them look worse and worse. Refusing to trade a team legend who said he wanted out nearly a month and a half ago. Because of petty value and pride. This is a franchise that in recent years has been notorious for doing there star players wrong. Did Bak talking the other day sound like a guy who loves the GB organization? He didn’t to me.

GB fans love attacking us. Yet it’s clear one franchise is on the rise (regardless of AR, but obviously big time if we do get him). And they’re on the decline. Don’t believe that? Listen to Bak’s interview. And to be quite blunt. With the way their fans have been these last 6 weeks… there isn’t a franchise that deserves to struggle for years than there’s. The ego they have funny to me.

There 1 and only hope is another team comes in post draft. Which is very unlikely. And there’s been no credible report of any team beside us who wants him. Never mind AR wanting to go there. The 2 teams GB fans like floating out there are SF, who is actually the only team that AR has came out publicly and has said he will not play for. Never mind SF doesn’t need him. And NE. Ya that’s going to happen. He’s going to get along great with BB and follow Tom Brady’s foot steps? Ok 🙄 

There was only other team ever in on this and that was LV. And when they traded Carr and sighed Jimmy G that erased that. So if GB fans want to say there were other teams in at a point to make them feel better… ok. That was 6 weeks ago and they’ve moved on. You have 1 suitor. That’s a fact.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Uh oh GB scrambling and grasping at straws now. Believing every report out there.

If we somehow get to use all of our top picks this year and trade a rather small package for AR post draft. This was genius all along.

For me the pressure now is 100% on GB. We have an offer likely that they don’t like at all that includes a pick this year. They don’t take it… and they missed possibly helping Love with a young player ASAP AND still have Rodgers who they don’t want at all. 2 things they don’t want to happen.

We on the other hand can draft 3 good young players to only help this team. Likely a couple OL pieces which QBs are always for. Now the offer changes post draft. Time is of the essence. Not sure what we offer post draft. But value completely changes then. Bc GB opted to not make a deal on a pick they knew exactly where it was. They have no clue now. And devalue those picks. Bc after all they know we’d be damn good next year with AR and our roster. And they still have to get rid of him. And oh ya… let’s not forget that there’s 0 other teams in on him. Unless you of course believe fake news. And I am a firm believer that the league will get involved at some point. That point being schedule release. Which is May 11th.

GB in this (there fans haven’t even wised up to this yet) has slowly every day this trade isn’t through makes them look worse and worse. Refusing to trade a team legend who said he wanted out nearly a month and a half ago. Because of petty value and pride. This is a franchise that in recent years has been notorious for doing there star players wrong. Did Bak talking the other day sound like a guy who loves the GB organization? He didn’t to me.

GB fans love attacking us. Yet it’s clear one franchise is on the rise (regardless of AR, but obviously big time if we do get him). And they’re on the decline. Don’t believe that? Listen to Bak’s interview. And to be quite blunt. With the way their fans have been these last 6 weeks… there isn’t a franchise that deserves to struggle for years than there’s. The ego they have funny to me.

There 1 and only hope is another team comes in post draft. Which is very unlikely. And there’s been no credible report of any team beside us who wants him. Never mind AR wanting to go there. The 2 teams GB fans like floating out there are SF, who is actually the only team that AR has came out publicly and has said he will not play for. Never mind SF doesn’t need him. And NE. Ya that’s going to happen. He’s going to get along great with BB and follow Tom Brady’s foot steps? Ok 🙄 

There was only other team ever in on this and that was LV. And when they traded Carr and sighed Jimmy G that erased that. So if GB fans want to say there were other teams in at a point to make them feel better… ok. That was 6 weeks ago and they’ve moved on. You have 1 suitor. That’s a fact.

We really should have cut off these GB fans who made over a hundred posts on our site.   We don't care if a outside member makes a few posts on our site, but these clowns we way over the top.

Let me see if I piece this together correctly.

1.  Jets and GB have an agreement in place so Jets can talk to Rodgers after he comes back from the darkness.

2.  Rodgers emerges from the darkness and engages in a meeting with the Jets big 2 1/2.  I only count Woody as a half.

3.  Rodgers most likely tells Jets he was contemplating retirement this year and confirms this in public.

4.  Jets go back to GB and now want "protection" over a one and done thing to which GB is balking at.

Does this sound about right?  If so, I question the Jets thinking.  Everyone and their brother knew Rodgers may be a one and done deal PRIOR to his meeting with the Jets.  The "protection" should have part of the initial talks with GB.  Had they been, and GB balked at such a deal,  we may have pivoted to either Carr or Jimmy G. OR if GB acquiesced, Rodgers would be a Jet by now.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

We really should have cut off these GB fans who made over a hundred posts on our site.   We don't care if a outside member makes a few posts on our site, but these clowns we way over the top.

Not going to do that. I just stopped responding to them.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Let me see if I piece this together correctly.

1.  Jets and GB have an agreement in place so Jets can talk to Rodgers after he comes back from the darkness.

2.  Rodgers emerges from the darkness and engages in a meeting with the Jets big 2 1/2.  I only count Woody as a half.

3.  Rodgers most likely tells Jets he was contemplating retirement this year and confirms this in public.

4.  Jets go back to GB and now want "protection" over a one and done thing to which GB is balking at.

Does this sound about right?  If so, I question the Jets thinking.  Everyone and their brother knew Rodgers may be a one and done deal PRIOR to his meeting with the Jets.  The "protection" should have part of the initial talks with GB.  Had they been, and GB balked at such a deal,  we may have pivoted to either Carr or Jimmy G. OR if GB acquiesced, Rodgers would be a Jet by now.

All depends what and who you wanna listen to. The updates change daily it appears. So to just pick one report and day that's what you choose to believe is BS. Also the credibility of guys spewing stuff by lots doesn't get talent into context. Seems to me they had loosely a deal in place. Base kind of around a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year. GB likes to play innocent here like we changed things. I think a few things changed. Us trading Moore and getting 42. GB asking for that 2024 2nd to be a 1st straight up or relatively easy given our roster for it to become a 1st (GB fans like to leave this part out of what has changed) and likely AR saying no reason to rush. I want to be a Jet and I'll go to you guys and GB will have to cave. So if they want to play hardball... play hardball back. Except us playing hardball allows us to make this team better via draft. GB playing hardball has them lose likely the 43rd pick this draft and still having to trade AR. GB fans are so bent about it and falsely think there's other teams that will make a run at him post draft. Ya so AR is accepting a trade elsewhere when he's working out with our WR and is telling us to wait until after the draft so the roster can be even better for him? Not happening. He's a Jet. It's just a matter of how stubborn GB wants to be. They want the best value. It's in their best interest to trade him pre draft at whatever value they don't like right now.

What I think the hold up is now is we're digging our heals in. And with the draft now only 2 weeks away when this all started 6 weeks ago... that doesn't seem long. Wait and use those valuable picks now if GB wants to be stubborn. That only helps us build the team. He'll be traded shortly after bc I think the league calls both teams and says figure this thing out before we release the schedule.

So for me I love where we're at. We either get him pre draft and have that knowledge of knowing he's for sure here and likely get him for less than what most think (otherwise there'd be no holdup if the value was what GB thinks is legit).

Or we wait post draft have picks 13, 42 and 43 to get 3 nice pieces and no have future picks as the trade offer for AR. He wants to come here likely even more post draft and the time for TC and all starts ticking away for GB.

It will drag out longer if it’s true that Woody is the one that doesn’t want to cave to their asking price. In that situation, just let it drag out as long as needed. As the case has always been, the only real threat is another team emerging which is probably very unlikely. It will be interesting to see what Rodgers does the longer it goes on.

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

All depends what and who you wanna listen to. The updates change daily it appears. So to just pick one report and day that's what you choose to believe is BS. Also the credibility of guys spewing stuff by lots doesn't get talent into context. Seems to me they had loosely a deal in place.

I was not referring to any suspected draft picks.  Everything that has been spewed on this site over the last month is just speculation.  The gist of my post is that the Jets seemed to NOT take into account the "protection" pick when negotiating with GB prior to meeting Rodgers.

Are we really talking about a reporter who works for GB. LOL Come on guys you are better than this. You should not listen to ANY of the reports out there. You know this time of year is all smoke screens with the draft right around the corner. The logical people know that they are just waiting on the draft to see who will be there at 13. If you have 4 or 5 QB's go in the top 12 picks there will be a lot of talent that is pushed down to 13. Guys like JSN, Carter and the top 2 Tackles could be there. 

We all know JD keeps his group of people very silent. NOTHING every comes out of the Jets camp unless it is from JD himself or Woody shooting his mouth off. When JD said "Aaron Rodgers will be a Jet" that is the only news you need. They have two deals in place and will pick one by pick 13. GB has no choice but to move on from Rodgers. The GB GM is a moron for giving him that big contract to start with. If I was GB I would be more mad at him for doing this. They should have done a sign and trade last year with him. Now they want a team to give them at first several first round picks. The GM for GB is looking for someone else to pick up his mistake. The Jets could use him but do not have to HAVE him. The other options are no that great. I personal think it would be funny if the trade did not happen and the Jets pick 13, 42, 43 and GB ends up cutting him because no team has the cap space. Then Rodgers comes over and signs a good 3 year contract with the Jets for like 40 mill a year and does well. That would be great lol

7 minutes ago, xrade said:

I was not referring to any suspected draft picks.  Everything that has been spewed on this site over the last month is just speculation.  The gist of my post is that the Jets seemed to NOT take into account the "protection" pick when negotiating with GB prior to meeting Rodgers.

I don't think that report about a protection pick is even true. How can you say that is even true. Neither GM nor the HC have said anything about this. I think all the reports are BS and all of them came from GB. I think GB front office is pretty nasty and the older players are turning on them. Look how Rodgers talked about them. Heck even a current player was not to high on them either. I think GB is in big trouble when they have no FO, no QB, no cap space, no real draft pick stock and only a few good young players. GB best bet is to tank this year and get the first pick in the draft and go QB and clean out FO and the coach. 

GB screwed up and thought they set the price for AR. Teams wanting him set the value not GB. And we're the only team that wants him.

I can say I want 1.1mill for my house and say I'm not budging on that. But my house is only worth 750k. If my only offer is 750k my value of my house isn't what I say it is at 1.1mill. It's what the highest offer is and what comps are in the area.

GB set a ridiculous asking price and on top of that set the value to what guys 5 years younger and such got in return. That's there fault. Not ours. And their penalty will likely be there FO jobs, bc they'll have to accept our offer that they'll be pissed at and Love wont work out. So they all get fired and become a bottom franchise. Which they're not used to, so they'll riot. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

GB set a ridiculous asking price comparing and on top of that set the value to what guys 5 years younger and such got in return. That's there fault. Not ours. And their penalty will likely be there FO jobs, bc they'll have to accept our offer that they'll be pissed at and Love wont work out. So they all get fired and become a bottom franchise. Which they're not used to, so they'll riot. 

If they set a ridiculous asking price, then why did the Jets even entertain Rodgers?  Prior to speaking to Rodgers, there was, most likely, the framework of a deal.  Most frameworks are close enough that little more negotiating is needed to consummate the deal.  WTF happened here?  If there was a framework in place which was reasonable to both teams, who changed it and why?

1 minute ago, xrade said:

If they set a ridiculous asking price, then why did the Jets even entertain Rodgers?  Prior to speaking to Rodgers, there was, most likely, the framework of a deal.  Most frameworks are close enough that little more negotiating is needed to consummate the deal.  WTF happened here?  If there was a framework in place which was reasonable to both teams, who changed it and why?

We'll find all this out after. But GB needs to get rid of him. So likely a very vague value was talked about pre the visit. Maybe even JD said ya round "x" price to just get them to let us meet with him. Not a bad tactic if GB isn't going to "make us" agree to a deal before visiting him. Visit went good for us and he requested in essence a trade to us. Taking the value they set away from them. GB at that point has no other team in and has that player saying he wants to play for just 1 team. This has been the case for 6 weeks now. So ARs value is what we say it is. Not what GB says it is. At a time we didn't have this control. When LV was rumored to be interested in him after the cut Carr. They would've set the price for us to try and beat. But they rather quickly said they were going to build through the draft and not spend that much on a QB. So that made it just us. So who are we bidding against? GB FO? That's not how that works when that FO has burnt that bridge with him. And the icing on the cake is how if AR does only want to go to us (I think this is true). He can reject any trade by retiring and that screws over GB as well. So GB is in a bad spot. And JD and even Woody know this (JD likely had to explain it to him). We have an offer out there. And they really have no choice but to take it. The longer it takes the better it looks to their fans for the GM bc it makes it look like he held out to try and get the best offer he could from us. But also really screws them up as a franchise players want to play for and stay long term with.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Grasping at straws?  This pretty much is another confirmation that right now we're stuck at a SRP this year plus the future pick next year.  We've already heard that the Packers want a FRP next year, while the Jets want to make it conditional.  This report confirmed that the Packers are willing to include 2025 pick in the situation that Rodgers retires, so that part is probably already agreed upon.

What part of taking more in terms of future picks doesn't make sense?  Would you rather have $100 right now or $100 a year from now?  Nobody in their right mind is going to take $100 a year from now.  EVERYONE would rather have $100 right now.  Same concept with draft picks.

That's ASSUMING that inclusion of 2023 draft picks is a requirement in a Rodgers' trade.  What if the requirement is to maximize value for Rodgers?  The Packers would undoubtedly prefer to have 2023 picks as part of a Rodgers trade, but if they believe they can get better value waiting until after the draft why wouldn't they wait until after the draft?

Except that isn't the case.  Players demand trades every single year.  Does that make the teams that don't find a trade package for those guys bad guys?  No.  But because it's Aaron Rodgers, the Packers are the bad guys.  It's amazing how that works.

And as I mentioned to jetfuel, someone PLEASE tell me hwo teh Packers did their star players wrong.  Just a SINGLE example would be suffice.

There's no attacking going on.  It's a healthy debate.  If a difference in opinion is the standard for attacking, Football's Future might not be for you.  And for the record, I've made it very clear I think these discussions have been very pleasant.

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So we've gone from won't happen to likely won't happen.