Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

24 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think it depends on the season they have and Rodgers relationships with his new team.  If Rodgers doesn't commit to 2 years, it going to be tough to get much for him IMO.   If there are conditional picks involved we'll be right back here next year with "is he playing" drama again to get our draft pick(s).  

Think he'll go another 2 years.  

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Think he'll go another 2 years.  

Former Jets GM, Mike Tannebaum, suggested that teams rework Rodgers deal to give him huge incentives to return in 2024.  He said something like 30 mil guaranteed this season, and 90 mil. next season.  Not sure how that would work for Aaron or the acquiring team.  If I'm the Packers I'm trying to get one or two assets this season, and then conditional stuff in 2024 if he returns.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Former Jets GM, Mike Tannebaum, suggested that teams rework Rodgers deal to give him huge incentives to return in 2024.  He said something like 30 mil guaranteed this season, and 90 mil. next season.  Not sure how that would work for Aaron or the acquiring team.  If I'm the Packers I'm trying to get one or two assets this season, and then conditional stuff in 2024 if he returns.

I think a yurt with no windows for the off season would seal the deal.

• Like 1

From reporting by Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: “At one point late last year, Green Bay Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst told an NFL colleague he was convinced it was time the organization move on from quarterback Aaron Rodgers and see what Jordan Love had in him.”

I think Silverstein has the best sources of anyone covering the Packers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Why wait until Rodgers can’t respond to release that if you are Tom Silverstein?

Who forced him into isolation? If he didn't understand this is the portion of the off season where speculation and rumors runs rampant, he's not as smart as he thinks he is. 

What is there to respond too? The Packers have made it known to Rodgers where they stand, you can be sure of that, even if it's not being reported. It may not have been communicated at his year-end exit interview but after the fact as well. 

You can tell by Rodgers words he knows it's another team or retire. 

Edited by Old Guy

I want him traded but I don't think it will happen.

I think everyone needs to brace themselves for the fact he will come back for one last season in Green Bay (on a restructured contract) and then retire. This allows the Packers to pick up the 5th year option on Love for 2024

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I do too but for some reason I have a hard time seeing gutey saying something like that to a “colleague”

Yeah .. these sorts of things all seem a bit fishy, but even Aaron on McAfee has said that he had a sense that the Packers may be wanting to move away from him at QB. It seems the writing is definitely on the wall. 

3 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

I want him traded but I don't think it will happen.

I think everyone needs to brace themselves for the fact he will come back for one last season in Green Bay (on a restructured contract) and then retire. This allows the Packers to pick up the 5th year option on Love for 2024

That would be the absolute worst way that things could play out.