Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't think he'd be able to help Love much.  At least a guy like Mariota knows the LaFleur scheme and has also been a starter in the league.  

You are right, of course.

Personally, I want Love leaning on MLF for "help".  

If we were to grab a veteran QB to back up Love, I'd prefer Heineke to Mariotta.  Course, I'll bet Heineke wants a chance to compete for a starters job.  Mariotta should not.  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

If we were to grab a veteran QB to back up Love, I'd prefer Heineke to Mariotta.  Course, I'll bet Heineke wants a chance to compete for a starters job.  Mariotta should not.  

I could see Heineke. I like him as a potential late bloomer who could really be a starter in this league in a couple years, a la Geno. Either way, I want a vet backing Love up, and if Love takes off, Ettling can be his #2 starting next year.

52 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Mariota is terrible.

He's probably about the 35th or so best quarterback on the planet. He'd be an excellent backup who would fit the offense if Love went down for a game or two. And since he was released he won't factor into comp picks if we sign him.

47 minutes ago, Sandy said:

He's probably about the 35th or so best quarterback on the planet. He'd be an excellent backup who would fit the offense if Love went down for a game or two. And since he was released he won't factor into comp picks if we sign him.

If we were talking the YMCA over40 flag football league I'd be right there with you -- 35th best QB in that game

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Heineke can be a stud with LaFleur. Arms good. Mobile. Cultural fit. Clearly coachable. That would be an awesome pairing. Heineke is my #1 choice for Love insurance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I'd rather give that roster space to a back up plan to Love if he dosen't pan out like we did with Rodgers back in the day.

Love already sat behind Rodgers for long enough and its MLF and Co's job to teach Love not a vet QB.

That's generally how I feel.    I'd rather take a flyer on a Brock Purdy type and see what develops then know I have a backup QB that's just not an NFL starting QB.    I'm obviously joking about how bad I think Mariota is but I'm actually not sure he gives any team a better chance over 1-2 games than a Danny Etling/Taysom Hill/Matt Flynn development type flyer would.  Rather roll the dice on an unknown than known mediocrity

Just spitballin' but I think the exception in my mind would be a backup player like a Kliff Kingsbury or a Kellen Moore or a Josh McCown.  Someone you know isn't an NFL QB but has the game mind to really be an asset to the starting QB.    If Mariota fit that type of persona I might be interested - but I just don't see him that way - and I still prefer the flyer guy

Edited by Kampfgeist

Bringing this up from before but this intended separation has the agent, David Dunn and Athletes First at the heart of it. Moving Rodgers and making Love the starter is in the agents interest. Having Jordan sit another year and keep him away from a big pay day is not desirable whatsoever.