Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Add on, I would expect a QB to be drafted.  Just probably not in the first.  Grab a 4th or 5th round prospect to battle Danny Ettling for the number 2 spot.  Perhaps add a Graham Harrell or Matt Flynn type that is good at diagnosing the plays like an extra QB coach, not necessarily to play.  

I give you a "like" for the thought process.  But Etling is my boy.  He's gonna beat him out, easily.  

In 2 more years, we will move on from Love to usher in the Etling era.   Probably trading Love to the Jets.  :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Tell me you know nothing about JD without telling me you know nothing about JD.

JD braindead when it comes to trades? Really now?

Tell me your faith in a GM is based on a singular trade without telling me about that trade.  I'll begin...

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I give you a "like" for the thought process.  But Etling is my boy.  He's gonna beat him out, easily.  

In 2 more years, we will move on from Love to usher in the Etling era.   Probably trading Love to the Jets.  :)

Get the humor, but Etling is 4.5 years older than Love. He will turn 29 this summer. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Tell me your faith in a GM is based on a singular trade without telling me about that trade.  I'll begin...

Singular trade? You realize we have both the OROY and DROY right?

JD is a wizard, aside from the massive gaffe with ZW his track record has been stellar. 

Edited by jetjuice

16 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

You realize the team has been terrible for a long time so they are in position to get the premier draft talent right?

the team didn’t draft some 6th and 5th rounders that became OROY and DROY. Kind of hard to miss on Sauce when everyone in the football world knew he was going to be good…

edit: your boy joe also drafted mims, Zac Wilson, and Moore high in drafts…. Not the best record there.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers are reportedly just asking for a fair deal.  Apparently they view pick #13 and a conditional pick in 2024 as fair.  I would agree.  They are the team with the QB the Jets covet, so pay up and get your guy before some other team decides to give it a run.

Good news for GB is they can string this out till training camp - there is no drop dead date on their end until September.

Sam Bradford was moved around then for a king's ransom.  Teams lose QBs unexpectedly in the preseason all the time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers are reportedly just asking for a fair deal.  Apparently they view pick #13 and a conditional pick in 2024 as fair.  I would agree.  They are the team with the QB the Jets covet, so pay up and get your guy before some other team decides to give it a run.

conditional 1st based on playoff appearance and let's get the horse on the buggy.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Good news for GB is they can string this out till training camp - there is no drop dead date on their end until September.

Sam Bradford was moved around then for a king's ransom.  Teams lose QBs unexpectedly in the preseason all the time.

Only caveat to this is AR wouldnt just be holding up GB. He's accustomed to doing that.
Flip side to what I just said is that AR could kill the market by delaying things and any other options move on to other QBs.

What his intention is.......is anybody's guess.

23 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

JD is a wizard, aside from the massive gaffe with ZW his track record has been stellar. 

So REALLY good in the 1st and 2nd rounds... except sometimes when the franchise hangs on the pick, not so good?

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Downside here is obviously losing out on 2023 pick(s), but still it's an option for sure.

19 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Yes.  Your "faith" in him is bolstered simply because of that horrendous Jamaal Adams trade.  If it weren't for that particular trade, I don't think you'd have such blind faith in him.  I'm not giving him credit for making the obvious selection in Sauce Gardner.  He was the obvious choice once the Texans took Devin Stingley Jr at 3, and the only player that I think might have been worth that pick was Kayvon Thibodeuax.  If you want me to praise him for the Garrett Wilson pick, go ahead but I don't think that taking the highest upside WR without injury concerns is worth tripping over.

Joe Douglas has been GM since 2019 and he's taken Quinnen Williams, Jachai Polite, Mekhi Becton, Denzel Mims, Ashtyn Davis, Jabari Zuninga, Zach Wilson, AVT, Elijah Moore, Sauce Gardner, Garett Wilson, Jermaine Johnson, and Breece Hall in the first 3 rounds.  Outside of the 2022 draft (which was stellar btw), his drafting record is mediocre.  There's more busts than hits on the non-2022 picks.  If you want to grade him based off the 2022 draft alone, go right ahead but that shows your bias.