Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Aren’t you aware everybody is jumping onto the, “I’m ready to move on from Rodgers…” train after it’s become clear he’s gone?

Even Mr. Anonymous is trying to save face by acting like he’s always wanted Rodgers gone. When, while the NFL season was going on, he was still insisting Rodgers would be on the roster longer than Love.

Idc. I don’t want Rodgers gone, but I know it’s probably the way it needs to go and have felt that way for awhile. 

it’s like breaking up with a hot gal when you know it’s over. Not easy but gotta do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

$58.5M in projected cap space, but that doesn't factor a Rashan Gary extension and 5th year option for Jordan Love.

Also, that’s with only 29 players rostered. It probably costs another $20m to fill out the rest of the top-51. So you’re probably looking at $8m space left after those 3 adders, not counting yr2 of w/e Nixon’s deal is (I’m just assuming they extend him). & not counting any rollover space from 2023.

luckily, there are lots of opportunities to create more space from cap casualties & restructures.

2024 cut candidates: Bakhtiari (+21.4m), Douglas (+9.0m), AJones (+5.4m)

2024 Restructure candidates: Clark (+11.1m), Alexander (+10.4m), Smith (+7.8m), Campbell (+5.8m), Jenkins (+5.1m)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

MM’s interview at a HS basketball game was awkward.

That dude may need to be put out to pasture 

He's forced to retire before the 2025  season. There's a bylaw stating nobody can hold a position on the BOD past 70. He has two more seasons. 

Edited by wgbeethree

8 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

Stop putting Mark Murphy in front of microphones 

MM is going exactly on script and wouldn't be saying any of that unless it is a very planned the media game that is getting played out. Afterall they he is talking about the Packers most valauble asset.

He is statting:

1) Rodgers wants to be a Jet

2) The Jets want Rodgers to be a Jet

3) The Packers are cool if Rodgers wants to be a Jet

4) BUT Jets don't be low balling us (which you are currently doing)

5) AND if you the Jets continue to low ball us the Packers we are happy to keep Rodgers

6) And I have put a very obvious time date for this deal to get done, before FA starts

Now Mark is not saying any of that unless this deal is pretty close to being done but that there is a standoff over some compensation e.g. Jets want the Packers to eat some more cap or they offering a 2nd and a conditional 1st, and the Packers want a 1st and a conditional 1st etc. 

MM's job was to poke the fire and let the world know and the Jets fans know we are happy to make this happen at the right price, so pony up. 

This is poker and let's see who folds first. Who's desire is greater, the Packers to get rid of Rodgers or the Jets want to get Rodgers. Seems like to me the Packers are calling the Jets bluff with this public interview

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

MM’s interview at a HS basketball game was awkward.

That dude may need to be put out to pasture 

Anyone else read this and think of McCarthy berating refs at that HS basketball game a few years back?

MM will always = Mike Mac for me.

• Like 1

Ultimately, why the Packers have pretty much all the leverage in this game of poker and they'll get the Jets to fold is that's it only the Jets who have publically come and really said (through the plane trip with all the top dogs) 'that we really want Rodgers!'

Packers, now through Mark, have said we are cool to keep Rodgers, they haven't publically said we have moved on to Love or that we need to get rid of this bad contract. In fact Gute has said that the contract is the sign of the Packers commitment to him.

Rodgers has said nothing, as saying anything would damage his brand and legacy with the Packers, he is just waiting for it to play out.

The Jets on the surface are the ones driving this and thus they will have to pay the price. And for them the deadline is real. If they don't get this sorted asap they can't go all in behind Rodgers and FA starts Monday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

How was it awkward? Seemed totally fine to me.

I've never understood the obsession with Murphy. We were lucky to have him and he's good at his job

I didn't find anything awkward either. Wants to do what is in the best interest of AR and the Packers, and if a deal isnt right with the Jets would welcome AR back. A sign of mutual respect. Believes a Mar 15 deadline is best for all parties. Confident Love is ready to play. Seems reasonable to me. 

Murphy has done a great job as team President, growing the brand, developing the district around Lambeau field, and finding new sources of revenue generation. He is getting older and close to retirement,  but he's no where near a Joe Biden level of mental impairment.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

I didn't find anything awkward either. Wants to do what is in the best interest of AR and the Packers, and if a deal isnt right with the Jets would welcome AR back. A sign of mutual respect. Believes a Mar 15 deadline is best for all parties. Confident Love is ready to play. Seems reasonable to me. 

Murphy has done a great job as team President, growing the brand, developing the district around Lambeau field, and finding new sources of revenue generation. He is getting older and close to retirement,  but he's no where near a Joe Biden level of mental impairment.

Spot on .. spot on .. well said.