Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Rodgers already decreasing his next team's chances of winning by demanding they allocate cap to a player at a position of no need just so he can have a friend in the locker room. Heartwarming

They'll cut Davis in a corresponding move. Only a $600k dead cap hit if he is cut. Both Lazard and Davis have similar stats over the past 4 years. Davis got a 3 year $37m deal a couple of years ago, sure Lazard will get something similar.

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Rodgers already decreasing his next team's chances of winning by demanding they allocate cap to a player at a position of no need just so he can have a friend in the locker room. Heartwarming

Many of the other top quarterbacks do that same thing.  That's what happens when the NFL through its rules makes ONE position so much more important than any other.

I just hope this thing gets done today...but my sense is we are waiting until Rodgers feels he has the pieces in place in New York that he wants to say to the Packers "trade me".

It's all part of the "package deal" that several players from the Jets have mentioned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minnypackerfan said:

Many of the other top quarterbacks do that same thing.  That's what happens when the NFL through its rules makes ONE position so much more important than any other.

I just hope this thing gets done today...but my sense is we are waiting until Rodgers feels he has the pieces in place in New York that he wants to say to the Packers "trade me".

It's all part of the "package deal" that several players from the Jets have mentioned.

So flip side this......if the players that make up this package dont sign with NY....does AR swivel back to returning to GB (?) and does he mandate that all his "security blankets" be signed by GB?

22 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

There's a fair chance that Rodgers to the Jets is a fabulous disaster.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Lazard isn't just a favor to Rodgers.  He will also be Breece Hall's best friend as well as any receiver coming off a bubble screen.

Image result for Lazard Blocks Three Dolphins. Size: 183 x 185. Source: larrybrownsports.com

Ya exactly. Depending on the contract idk why you wouldn’t want Lazard on your team. He’s a good player. Especially if you’re trading for Rodgers you get a guy Rodgers/Hackett know well. 

17 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Lazard isn't just a favor to Rodgers.  He will also be Breece Hall's best friend as well as any receiver coming off a bubble screen.

Image result for Lazard Blocks Three Dolphins. Size: 183 x 185. Source: larrybrownsports.com

I'd love to have Lazard back but I'm also happy he's getting paid. Where he came from to where he's going is awesome for him. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

not really shocking given the recent few seasons track record

15 hours ago, R T said:

It was one of the interesting things that come out of the Brian Flores lawsuit, Flores and the staff wanted to take Love over Tua with the 5th overall pick and the owner stepped in and made the call to take Tua. When I read that it all tied in with Todd McShay's wager with Mel Kiper that year that Love would go in the top 5 of the draft. McShay had an in with the Dolphins, but it blew up in his face in the end. McShay also claimed that draft season that some teams had Love as the number one QB in that draft, but unless Love become a star in is doubtful anyone will come out of the woodwork and admit that now. 

That is the first time I've heard that story.  I don't even care about any "source" for it, because you listed McShay and Kiper.  I just want to thank you for posting the story.