Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

31 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't view them as a leader but what about Seattle? They have the Picks, the cap room, some good team talent, solid pass catchers, and a GM with strong links to GB and has made agressive moves in the past.

FMIA Divisional: Tales of Outsmarting, Outplaying, and Outbuilding the Other Guys - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

I threw that out earlier.  It makes some sense.

Gets Rodgers closer to the west coast.  Two very good WR's.  Great RB.  Enthusiastic coach.  And a city that might fit his personality.  Insert whatever joke you want.

And...I don't think Geno is under contract for next year.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I threw that out earlier.  It makes some sense.

Gets Rodgers closer to the west coast.  Two very good WR's.  Great RB.  Enthusiastic coach.  And a city that might fit his personality.  Insert whatever joke you want.

And...I don't think Geno is under contract for next year.  

I doubt Seattle is in play.  Geno is a FA and they want him to return.  They also have Drew Lock who they wanted in the Wilson trade.  They also have the 5th pick so a top QB could be an option if they like someone.  Seattle has options.

1 hour ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

That is quite the uh....statement

Adams is still at no worse than a top 5 WR

Renfrow is one of the best slot receivers in the league 

Waller is significantly better than anyone in our TE room

I wouldn't trade Watson or Doubs for them because we're clearly heading for a rebuild. If i was in win now mode as the Raiders will be if they have Rodgers, no way in hell am I picking Watson and Doubs over Adams/Renfrow/Waller for the next 2-3 seasons

If you wouldn't trade them, then your answer is you prefer our guys, too.

So thanks for agreeing with me :)

Davante is going into his 10th season. How confident are you his 10th season will be better than Watson's 2nd?

Waller is on pace for less than 200yds next season. What makes you confident he'll reverse trajectory?

There's no chance in hell I'm trading Watson or Doubs for Adams and Renfrow because I expect the NFL to exist for more than one more year. 

even then, I'm not confident I'd do it for a single year. People are ALWAYS wayyyy behind on ascending players and wayyyy too late on "proven" guys. 

just like replacing Rodgers with Love would have been the correct decision last year, time will eventually reveal the same for every young and aging player.

It's super duper safe to pick the proven guy(s), so everyone does it.

55 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Why do you get to compare Waller with our 'stable' vs one guy. They also have Foster Moreau who is better than anyone we have at TE. 

I love Doubs and Watson, think they are going to be great. If we are talking about one year, nobody takes Watson over Adams, if you are talking long-term, of course.

A move for Rodgers by any team is a short term, win now play. 

I'd take Watson over Adams in 2023. 

I'd feel pretty comfortable with an obvious stud in his 2nd year than one in his 10th.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't view them as a leader but what about Seattle? They have the Picks, the cap room, some good team talent, solid pass catchers, and a GM with strong links to GB and has made agressive moves in the past.

FMIA Divisional: Tales of Outsmarting, Outplaying, and Outbuilding the Other Guys - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Seattle isn't in the market for a QB after the season Geno had.  And even if they didn't commit to him long-term, they've got the Broncos' pick which they could use on a QB if they wanted.  I don't put them as very likely.

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Hopefully this isn't true, otherwise it's yet another notch on the "Gute is stupid" belt. 

I'd look at that more as a leverage ploy than any real facts.  That's basically telling the NFC teams that if you want Rodgers, you'll need to pony up.  I don't think there's any real scenario in which Gute actively takes a worse offer.

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd look at that more as a leverage ploy than any real facts.  That's basically telling the NFC teams that if you want Rodgers, you'll need to pony up.  I don't think there's any real scenario in which Gute actively takes a worse offer.

I thought of making this reply but then thought I wouldn't waste my time because it should be obvious to everyone 

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

If you listen to the show his approach and reasoning it pretty reasonable tbh. Talked about how if Gb decides to move forward wthout him he'd respect that and still love the franchise and city without any animosity. 

The thrust of my thinking is that I'd just like AR to STFU - but he cant, because if there's one thing AR likes to talk about - needs to talk about - it's him.

He know going in he's got nothing to say but generalities and platitudes - none of which is conclusive in any manner - so dont go talking about it - till you've actually reached some conclusions and/or made some decision.

A novel concept eh? Certainly in AR's case - cause if there's one thing AR likes to talk about - needs to talk about - it's him.

Problem #2 is if there's one more thing AR likes - it's hearing people talk about him.

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Also if you want Jordan Love, make us an offer we can't refuse. 

5 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Waller is worse than our TEs?! You are insane. We had the worst group of TEs in the league. Watson will likely never touch Adams level and certainly not for many years. The level of delusion is strong in you

Take your word for it.

When it comes to delusion...you're our guy!

David Dunn will orchestrate this whole scenario and represent two starting NFL QBs next year.

• Like 1

Did some internet searching on option bonuses.  Some links for those interested.

https://frontofficenfl.com/2017/03/10/nfl-contracts-explained-option-bonus/

https://russellstreetreport.com/salarycap/nfl-salary-cap-faqs/

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-salary-cap-terms-tricks-to-know-ahead-of-nfl-free-agency-2021

Key concept:  

Option bonus: Gives a team (or, at times, a player) the ability to exercise the current or future years of the contract by paying a bonus. Prorated over the life of the contract (like a signing bonus, up to a max of five seasons).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Take your word for it.

When it comes to delusion...you're our guy!

David Dunn will orchestrate this whole scenario and represent two starting NFL QBs next year.

You guys are saying waller is worse than our TEs which is completely false. To think otherwise you'd literally have to be brain dead. 

Adams is a HOF player to say Watson will be better next year than Adams is idiotic. Your username as bad as your takez

Edited by PackFan13