Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Just now, CWood21 said:

That still seems high IMO.  I think if you're getting #13, you're probably not getting a Day 1 pick the following year and I'd guess that you're not getting a SRP either.

I dont know....but would like a #1 for this guy.

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

Ya thats why i asked you fine FF folks. Unless we are offloading his cap hit and want to spend that on a FA, I dont see the benefit. At this point most of the good FAs are signed anyways. 

With mike white gone, the jets are staring at wasting a year of their young core. With lazard now for 3-4 years at 11 mil. 

Worst case, they ought to be considering Lamar jackson and the ravens ought to be in play for rodgers. 

The Ravens aren't letting Jackson go .. they are using the non-exclusive tag so some other team maybe gives him and offer sheet and then can match it.

• Like 1

I say it is 50/50 that he plays coy on McAfee today, and does the Zach Wilson "so... what's been going on the last week or so?" if there really is not a deal set at this point.  Which will make everyone spaz out and have a fit and call Aaron every name in the book.  Would definitely make me laugh though.  

• Like 2

Need to be careful here.

Nothing stopping the Jets from turning around and give up two first round picks to sign Jackson to an offer sheet if we piss them off.

Or they could dangle a first rounder at Tennessee for Tannehill.

Just now, Chili said:

Need to be careful here.

Nothing stopping the Jets from turning around and give up two first round picks to sign Jackson to an offer sheet if we piss them off.

Tennessee would jump at a FRP for Tannehill.  But if Tannehill is worth a single FRP than Rodgers is easily worth 2 FRPs.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I say it is 50/50 that he plays coy on McAfee today, and does the Zach Wilson "so... what's been going on the last week or so?" if there really is not a deal set at this point.  Which will make everyone spaz out and have a fit and call Aaron every name in the book.  Would definitely make me laugh though.  

I think he will definitively say he is playing next year, but not for the Packers. He won't directly mention the Jets, but you know McAfee will hint at it. I am not expecting him to announce a deal is done, but rather that things are in motion and may take time. Might even through in a R-E-L-A-X reference.

5 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

I think JETS will now start to show interest in Lamar Jackson

For the Ravens will match the contract?

There's probably more to this than what the media is reporting, but can't believe the Jets put them selves in this position ands settle on something earlier. If they didn't and their in a position for Gutey to still be asking for the moon, they are awful negotiators. 

I mean GB currently has all the leverage… where is Rodgers going to go? No other team has looked at him and the other QBs have settled in.

The jets have no other options, that are good, unless they want to roll the dice with a rookie again.

Hold out for the best deal… like most have said doubt they get the 2 first but the Stafford deal is the right deal to start with. 

Just now, berndt_toast said:

I think he will definitively say he is playing next year, but not for the Packers. He won't directly mention the Jets, but you know McAfee will hint at it. I am not expecting him to announce a deal is done, but rather that things are in motion and may take time. Might even through in a R-E-L-A-X reference.

It'll be interesting to see how they open up.  You know they want to immediately know what his plans are for next year.

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Need to be careful here.

I don't think this is the case, but what if GB legit told NY they don't give a **** and will take Aaron back if they don't get what they want and they mean it?

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Need to be careful here.

Yeah, I think Jackson's asking price is stopping them.  How high would the Jets need to go to get to a number BAL wouldn't match?