Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

If the Packers after the season had told Rodg that oh yeah, they want him back and nothing will change he would have been back immediately.

They didn't do that.  The paradigm has changed here and he doesn't want to play within those new parameters.

It isn't so much that he wants to be traded.

36 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

The Packers need to stick to their guns.  The Packers are already taking a hit for the Rodgers contract. 

Getting fleeced in a Rodgers trade isn't going to help that.  

Packers taking a hit on the contract is their own doing.  Not the Jets fault

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm pretty sure the compensation is going to be a premium pick, a conditional pick that can upgrade to a premium pick, and a player or two.

I don't really see the player angle unless they are a recent draft pick.  Packers don't have cap space for real veterans

I've heard some whispers about their 2021 edge?

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I respect Rodgers going on McAfee in the middle of this.  Now it all depends on what he actually says.

Murph said they could go as far as the 15th before they would really need a decision. I'm guessing unless he fake retires he needs to make the choice today so his new team can start to make moves outside of his wish list. I don't think he expected the Packers to stand their ground and say they had enough. Granted I think both sides played a role in this divorce. I just feel Aaron got the keys to the castle and did nothing with it. So here we are. I'm ready to have a direction to this offseason. Hopefully he is as well.