Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Striker said:

Someone needs to leak to Florio or Dov Kleiman that the Colts are going to jump into the fray. Really scare Johnson into acting.

Rodgers just gave the Packers even more leverage by publicly admitting that his "intention" is to join the Jets.  Now all they have to do to lock it up is compromise with the Packers on compensation.  Ball's in your court, Jets!

• Like 1

Just now, PACKRULE said:

Do you like any players on the team. Or are does your jersey day Gute or Murphy. Your schtick is so stale. I have a buddy wh's a Jets fan can I watch a game with him and cheer for AR, or will I lose my stock options in the Pack:). 

I don’t care who you root for. Hyperbole aside, all this is is proof that a large number of fans put their QB before their team. I will never do that.

I root for plenty of ex-Packers. If that ex-Packer runs their mouth about the Packers, I do not root for them anymore. Charles Woodson is my all time favorite player and you bet your *** I rooted for him in Oakland.

I rooted for Favre when he was a Jet. Jets weren’t on the schedule that year and had no games that impacted the Packers. Soon as he went to a rival? Dead to me.

Packers first. That’s my months and it always has been. By taking Aaron’s side in this, you’re going against the Packers.

It’s that simple.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You had good points more often than not ... always got a little nervous after reading your stuff.  

By far my worst sin was extrapolating beyond the info I had. While I feel anyone would have come to the same conclusions I did, I still went too far given that I'm not Aaron Rodgers nor inside his head. The path he chose in the end completely caught me off guard.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Today was much closer to the best possible outcome than the worst, that's for sure. That's on Aaron. Sure there was a little pettiness but what he did opens the door for the vast majority of Packers fans to wish him well and be 100% behind Jordan Love.

Aaron drives me nuts, but he's been an awesome Packer by and large.  The last few years were rocky.  Once these players get bigger than life I start pushing away from them.  The retirement talk is also a quick way to lose me as a fan.  Awesome player .. wish him well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Methinks Aaron just unwittingly boosted GBs leverage tho. Thanks Aaron!

Now the entire Jets fanbase knows Aaron wants to play there. Increased expectations to do what it takes to get him now for sure.

Most will overlook this.

The people that matter will not overlook it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Today was much closer to the best possible outcome than the worst, that's for sure. That's on Aaron. Sure there was a little pettiness but what he did opens the door for the vast majority of Packers fans to wish him well and be 100% behind Jordan Love.

And I really hope that is what happens.  Wish him well, be grateful for him and get behind Love.  Big time.

I don't think I'll have the same emotion for him when he goes into the HOF like I did Favre, but still, I will have emotion.  Just like I hope that when it happens, we get to hear some really great stories about Aaron just like we did Brett.

I think that with time, most of us will appreciate him more once that ceremony happens.  At least I know that I will.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Now the entire Jets fanbase knows Aaron wants to play there. Increased expectations to do what it takes to get him now for sure.

Most will overlook this.

Not sure, Rodgers said he was 90% leaning towards retirement and that might hurt what we can get in trade compensation. If he didn't say that then I would've been inclined to agree with you.

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Now our real issue is that Love will be making too much money after 2023.  We'll need to trade him next off-season and draft the rookie QB that will take us to the promised land.

Always thinking on the outskirts :)

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Most will overlook this.

Brandt agrees. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Not sure, Rodgers said he was 90% leaning towards retirement and that might hurt what we can get in trade compensation. If he didn't say that then I would've been inclined to agree with you.

I definitely think that Rodgers committing to multiple years is part of what the Jets need to hear.