Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm actually good with the move on a year too early than a year too late strategy. Isn't this something that everyone praised BB and the Patriots for? 

Last year was a year too early. Now is a year too late. 

But I'll take what I can get. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm actually good with the move on a year too early than a year too late strategy. Isn't this something that everyone praised BB and the Patriots for? 

The irony of Rodgers referencing his comments from two years ago is that all those guys he rattled off then were 100% the right decision to let go when we did. As he is himself now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Unfortunately we got rid of Aaron a year too late.

What if we still get a solid haul and he goes on to play at a top level?  Crystal ball, you get rid of him last year but many factors, number one being MVP level play, two Love was not yet showing he could take the wheel, means we bring AR back.  He still may very well bring some strong assets back. I remember the Favre pick was a conditional 1st that became a 3rd that became Clay Matthews. Hopefully we get much more than that and a much less messy divorce.

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Thought he sounded like a weak teet on that front. Boo hoo we don’t roll out a red carpet for players whom are still active in the NFL. 

Does Rodgers not see players getting cut from every team in late August?  Cap casualties in March?

It's not a GB only thing....it's an every team thing

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Unfortunately we got rid of Aaron a year too late.

In hindsight, absolutely. But there's both football and sentimental value in being sure Aaron's time here has run its course. And it definitely has and everyone kinda feels that way.

Moving on last year would have been more bitter somehow, I think. 2022 softened some edges, in a lot of ways, of his departure for many.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Does Rodgers not see players getting cut from every team in late August?  Cap casualties in March?

It's not a GB only thing....it's an every team thing

Rodgers isn’t new… his boyhood team kicked Montana out on his butt to KC, for some young gun.

Its always the same song and dance… these guys think they are unique and special. Better than the legends before them. Yet they forget one of the most tired over use saying in their profession…

it’s a business.

I don't think he was that harsh to the front office. He stated the truth. The last time he was really making that point the bigger part was about him being approached for his opinion and such. I think everyone knows the reality of the business. Most of the time the Packers front office was right. I do wish we would've kept Jordy over Graham though. Oh well, it is what it is.