Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Oh, Lazard is definitely not someone I ever wanted at WR1.  No argument from me there.  The funniest part to me is that there are plenty of GB fans who will go to their grave believing that the Adams/MVS/Lazard WR group was substandard, and Gute "failed" Rodgers by not providing enough talent at WR.

Well...for whatever reason, I believe the GB passing attack overall to be substandard - or perhaps unbalanced would be a better description. It was far too "Davante-oriented", lacked a dynamic #2 that could potentially poach some of those targets and we could go long stretches without a TE being involved at all. 

9 minutes ago, R T said:

Jackson is on a tag and the cost to sign him is 2 first round picks. 

Which Jackson would never sign as a match of the tag (which is the entire reason Baltimore put him on the tag) would put him immediately on a long-term deal in Baltimore.

Jackson will only sign his tag if it involves a trade, he's not going to negotiate an offer sheet with another team, the Ravens will just match.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well...for whatever reason, I believe the GB passing attack overall to be substandard - or perhaps unbalanced would be a better description. It was far too "Davante-oriented", lacked a dynamic #2 that could potentially poach some of those targets and we could go long stretches without a TE being involved at all. 

Doesn't help when your QB is immune to throwing to 1/3 of the field.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

The source of that imbalance was not the WR's

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I mean whats the chart look like for other comparable QBs? Hard to make much out of this without comparing to other QBs. 

I can layer all games/seasons of whichever QB ya'll want to compare. I was bored and had a quick 5 mins in photoshop

Edited by Laces Out

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The source of that imbalance was not the WR's

Understand....but I remain convinced that if we had a more dynamic #2 - Davante wouldnt have seen as many targets. As for TE - we simply lacked anybody of relevance following Tonyan's big year. It was a "non-position" in our passing attack.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

I can layer all games/seasons of whichever QB ya'll want to compare. I was bored and had a quick 5 mins in photoshop

I would just be interested in other top 10 QBs. I could say I make $100,000 a year and everyone can assume i'm poor but if everyone else around me is making $50,000 a year suddenly it looks like i'm pretty dang well off. Everything is in the context. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Rodgers-Season-Charted.jpg

Now separate it by wins and ugly *** losses because this was a win and in, a win and in in which Lazard was wide open across the middle and instead he threw a game ending interception deep right. One pass over the middle.

pass-chart_ROD339293_2022-REG-18_1673288

• Like 3