Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

On our end, I just don't think our FA moves show us as June 1st sellers. We'd gain 15m in cap space this year by doing that, and there's absolutely no one in FA anymore worth spending that on. If we planned to hold Rodgers for June 1, we'd have probably been a bit more active in trying to build the roster with vets at S, WR and TE. This seems like it will be done before the draft and we'll bite the cap hit bullet to be healthier in 2024.

That depends. I guess in theory, you could use some of that space to pay off some of Rodger’s bonus money, as a way to sweeten the deal & get more trade returns.

4 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

That depends. I guess in theory, you could use some of that space to pay off some of Rodger’s bonus money, as a way to sweeten the deal & get more trade returns.

That's a good way to look at it, I need a 2024 and 2025 1st in order to both wait a year and eat salary, but I suppose it's a possibility.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean are they willing to give up the Watson package and then some?

Are the Jets dumb enough to give up at least 3 1st round picks plus more rather than a #1 and a little more?  Maybe but if so, they deserve to be called one of the worst run teams in the NFL. 

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Saleh is such a liar.  I have it on good authority from this very forum that Lazard sucks.

I'm not sure there are folks who think he sucks... perhaps so, dont know for sure.....I simply never saw him as a WR1 and I'm glad Watson turned out to be as dynamic as we hoped based on his college career. 

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Are the Jets dumb enough to give up at least 3 1st round picks plus more rather than a #1 and a little more?  Maybe but if so, they deserve to be called one of the worst run teams in the NFL. 

Where did you come up with that?

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Where did you come up with that?

Stafford got that in his trade .. do you think Baltimore would give him up for less?  It will be that and more if he goes.  If you disagree, what do you think he's worth and if it's less ... doubt it.  

Edited by coachbuns

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Thats what it's going to cost to get Lamar via trade.

18 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Stafford got that in his trade .. do you think Baltimore would give him up for less?  It will be that and more if he goes.  If you disagree, what do you think he's worth and if it's less ... doubt it.  

Jackson is on a tag and the cost to sign him is 2 first round picks. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not sure there are folks who think he sucks... perhaps so, dont know for sure.....I simply never saw him as a WR1 and I'm glad Watson turned out to be as dynamic as we hoped based on his college career. 

Oh, Lazard is definitely not someone I ever wanted at WR1.  No argument from me there.  The funniest part to me is that there are plenty of GB fans who will go to their grave believing that the Adams/MVS/Lazard WR group was substandard, and Gute "failed" Rodgers by not providing enough talent at WR.