Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, Tperk said:

If everything else is equal as far as cap ramifications going forward and next years draft compensation, would we rather have #13 only this year, or let the Jets have #13 and we just take the 2 SRPs this year?

The Jimmy Johnson point chart says 13 is worth 150 points more than picks 42, 43. Take 13 and trade down a couple of times. 

29 minutes ago, Tperk said:

If everything else is equal as far as cap ramifications going forward and next years draft compensation, would we rather have #13 only this year, or let the Jets have #13 and we just take the 2 SRPs this year?

HOLD UP

Carolina Panthers select any QB we don't care. Houston Texans select any QB we don't care. Arizona Cardinals trade the third overall pick to the Green Bay Packers in exchange for newly acquired via Aaron Rodgers trade pick number 13 and pick number 15.

Green Bay Packers select Will Anderson. ??????? Profit.

58 minutes ago, Tperk said:

I'm not sure they are offering the 13th pick or the 2 SRPs.  It may just be one of the SRPs and some pick(s) next year.

10 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Arizona Cardinals trade the third overall pick to the Green Bay Packers in exchange for pick number 13 and pick number 15.

As the resident Bama fan…

Black Widow Avengers GIF

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

As the resident Bama fan…

Black Widow Avengers GIF

I just hadn't considered the idea of directly turning Aaron Rodgers into a Joey Bosa level defender until today. And with #1 and #2 looking like QB-QB, that opens the door up mathematically if we did give Woody Johnson the jab.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

HOLD UP

Carolina Panthers select any QB we don't care. Houston Texans select any QB we don't care. Arizona Cardinals trade the third overall pick to the Green Bay Packers in exchange for newly acquired via Aaron Rodgers trade pick number 13 and pick number 15.

The trade value is 2200 points for the 3rd pick and 2200 points for the 13th and 15th pick. Bingo! I'd be down for that. 

Arizona might just be an organization dumb enough to do it too. 

Edited by Old Guy

12 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I think this trade is fully agreed to and the teams are simply waiting out a few Jets cap maneuverings, such as seeing if they can make trades with players whose contracts they're looking to shed versus making cuts.

Maybe so .. what do you think we are getting?  Corey Davis has been mentioned a lot .. figure they are trying to deal him for a pick, since he's still on their roster.  I would have figured he would have been cut already, but he would probably be the best available wideout at this point.  

36 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I think this trade is fully agreed to and the teams are simply waiting out a few Jets cap maneuverings, such as seeing if they can make trades with players whose contracts they're looking to shed versus making cuts.

They've got a few easy moves to get a ton of cap space. Either restructure, trade or cut. 

Cory Davis is a cut IMO. Mosley is a restructure. Carl Lawson is a trade or cut. I don't think they want to push his money forward because they like some of their young pass rushers. 

Trading or cutting Lawson and Davis saves them 26 million roughly. Restructuring Mosley saves them 11 million. 

Shouldn't be rocket science. 

45 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

If you assume Corey Davis is in the trade, (which negotiating a new deal for him in GB could also be part of the holdup) really they just need to decide what they want to do with Carl Lawson.

I don't think at a 2/34 for a 31 year old ILB that CJ Mosley has any trade value whatsoever, yeah none of that would be guaranteed, but you'd still have to fit that cap hit, or spread that around and create guaranteed bonus. They gain 7m by cutting him, but for a 1 year all in, maybe they just keep him. Tomlinson, Whitehead both make sense to keep.

On our end, I just don't think our FA moves show us as June 1st sellers. We'd gain 15m in cap space this year by doing that, and there's absolutely no one in FA anymore worth spending that on. If we planned to hold Rodgers for June 1, we'd have probably been a bit more active in trying to build the roster with vets at S, WR and TE. This seems like it will be done before the draft and we'll bite the cap hit bullet to be healthier in 2024.