GDT: Oilers @ Cowboys (The Texas Bragging Rights Game)

Tony7188

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Sigh. My point isn’t just that Dak is a better QB than Cooper Rush. Said a little more than that. The larger point is that the team is totally different with Dak. Great QBs are transcendent like that… and yet people will act like he’s outright not good. It’s ridiculous. The larger point is that they have been far and away the most explosive in the league and arguably the best team. But everyone panics and exaggerates at the first opportunity.

What the biggest difference is between Dak vs Rush on this team is much deeper than the actual physical gifts of each player - Dak is indeed more talented and gifted physically both in the arm and the legs - but rather the biggest difference lay in the leadership, moxie, confidence, and recognition of what is taking place as the play develops.

Does some of that come with time and experience? Surely. But is it a given? Absolutely not.

That is often the biggest difference between starter and backup. The ability to see what is transpiring, adjust, and step up to take the hit and throw. To keep your team calm in a huddle and make the right adjustments presnap. To have the moxie and confidence to stay on point in the face of adversity and have your teammates absolutely believe in you, even if you have come up short 10,000 times before in the very same moment, a good leader has a team that believes anyway. You can't teach it, you can sometimes learn it, but often it's just part of who you are 

Dak has that and he always has. You can make an argument against him as a top passer, but you can also make the argument for him as one. He has the ability to keep his team competitive no matter the opponent and you absolutely cannot say that about the majority of QBs. Which definitely puts him in an upper tier. 

Is he magician like Mahomes or Allen? Nah. Is he just an all time special surefire HOF guy like Rodgers? Noooo. But is he better than most starters outside of that "omg" group? Yes, he is.

And best part is that he FINALLY has a complete team that allows him to play smart instead of play hero. And historically it's not those guys playing hero that win rings. It's those guys just under that tier with the complete team who needs him to make 3 or 4 huge plays a game, instead of 3 or 4, huge plays per drive.

Edited by Dallas94Ware
  • Like 1

Just glad they won.   Will the love/hate extreme ever end on Dak.   I have my own views but will avoid the arguments as much as possible as the last word right now is the the SF playoff game.   This team could do something special but the injury to Steele is huge.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, quiller said:

Just glad they won.   Will the love/hate extreme ever end on Dak.   I have my own views but will avoid the arguments as much as possible as the last word right now is the the SF playoff game.   This team could do something special but the injury to Steele is huge.  

Unfortunately, I don’t see us doing much in the playoffs.  We just struggle too much against the run and there are too many good running teams in the playoffs.  Let’s see what happens in 2 weeks.  I’m not very confident we can stop philly from running all over us.

10 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Unfortunately, I don’t see us doing much in the playoffs.  We just struggle too much against the run and there are too many good running teams in the playoffs.  Let’s see what happens in 2 weeks.  I’m not very confident we can stop philly from running all over us.

I was just literally tellin my wife this

50 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Held pierce to 3.5 yards per carry

Taylor to 3.9 and only 82 yards and he is possibly the best pure runner in the game today

Cook to only 72 yards most of which in garbage time

Barkley to 39

Tell me again how we don't stop the run? Outside of that Green Bay game the run defense has improved quite a bit. Allowing 100yards on the ground in total but also keeping the passing offense to under 200-250 while generating tons of pressure and dominating on offense yourself is a recipe for success.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Held pierce to 3.5 yards per carry

Taylor to 3.9 and only 82 yards and he is possibly the best pure runner in the game today

Cook to only 72 yards most of which in garbage time

Barkley to 39

Tell me again how we don't stop the run? Outside of that Green Bay game the run defense has improved quite a bit. Allowing 100yards on the ground in total but also keeping the passing offense to under 200-250 while generating tons of pressure and dominating on offense yourself is a recipe for success.

Directly coincides with the Hankins trade, no?  I know he left the game today but that’s when  Pierce got that long run and truck sticked Hooker