The Anthony Richardson Thread

brownie man

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

A lot of smoke about the Seahawks wanting him. But I’d you’re the Cardinals do you have any reservations about helping a division rival land a potential franchise QB? 

Well 1. there's always the Colts taking him and 2. either you passing Seattle AR or you're passing them Will Anderson.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I’m referring to the Cardinals potentially trading the 3rd pick to the Seahawks. 

Some team is going to give the Cardinals a package for 3. If they really really love a guy (Anderson), they'll give Indy a slight discount to move down to 4 and forego other offers. 

If they don't love a guy, they'll take the best package. I imagine there's probably no fewer than 3 teams and might be as many as 5-6 that would love to move up for Richardson. 

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I’m referring to the Cardinals potentially trading the 3rd pick to the Seahawks. 

Too much backfire potential.  If AR becomes a franchise QB for a division opponent Monti Ossenfort would never get work in the league again. 

On 4/3/2023 at 1:23 AM, NYRaider said:

Agreed. I think how guys project as leaders is one of the most overlooked aspects of evaluating QBs. 

Guys like Hurts, Burrow, Mahomes etc. were able to command respwct immediately. While guys like Kyler, Baker, Rosen, Wilson, etc didn’t really have the mental makeup to lead an nfl locker room. 

Agreed, I loved Hurts as a leader coming out, but wasn't sold on the arm talent. He's mostly answered those for me.

Richardson has the raw arm talent, but he's still way back on refined skills. Can't say I'm not impressed with how he's handled the process leading up to the draft. He's shown maturity and a charisma that you want to see from QB1, without wading into arrogance like Levis. Definitely my QB3, but whoever takes him needs to be patient. Rush him out there too soon and just let him use his athleticism as a crutch could be very detrimental in his development as a passer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vikes635 said:

I know this is not a popular take but I don't like him. I don't believe he will go in round 1 or 2

I can see why you might think he busts, but he's a lock to go in the first, pretty much a lock to go top-10. He has an elite arm and is as fast as Lamar while being huge. He's also young, charismatic and interviewing well. He's going high round one, whether or not he busts.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vikes635 said:

I know this is not a popular take but I don't like him. I don't believe he will go in round 1 or 2

It’s one thing to think he doesn’t deserve to go in the first 2 rounds. You’re wrong on that, but fine.

It’s ludicrous to truly believe he won’t go in the first two rounds. All of the tea leaves point to him being gone before pick 6. I will publicly neuter myself with a pair of rusty scissors if he doesn’t go in the first 2 rounds.

A lot of ppl don’t like him. But he is supremely talented. Supremely talented QBs with great work ethics and upwards trajectories don’t fall in the draft. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

It’s one thing to think he doesn’t deserve to go in the first 2 rounds. You’re wrong on that, but fine.

It’s ludicrous to truly believe he won’t go in the first two rounds. All of the tea leaves point to him being gone before pick 6. I will publicly neuter myself with a pair of rusty scissors if he doesn’t go in the first 2 rounds.

A lot of ppl don’t like him. But he is supremely talented. Supremely talented QBs with great work ethics and upwards trajectories don’t fall in the draft. 

He's going top 5, whether people like it or not. There is more than enough recent precedent to make teams feel like they can turn Richardson into an effective NFL quarterback, certainly now he has proved himself to be the most athletic player at the positition in league history. 

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think they’ll seriously consider it just because trading with Seattle for a QB still guarantees them Anderson, with the colts obviously going qb as well.

5 hours ago, hburn said:

I think they’ll seriously consider it just because trading with Seattle for a QB still guarantees them Anderson, with the colts obviously going qb as well.

Not sure about that. If the first 3 picks are Stroud, Young, and Richardson, and the Colts don't rate Levis that highly, they may trade down with another team who wants Anderson (or even Carter). So Arizona is taking a risk as most people don't think Levis is a top 4 player.