The Anthony Richardson Thread

brownie man

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Theres no chance at all he sits for 2 whole years if he is drafted Top-10, not a chance. Id say he probably starts this year even if Jimmy-G is healthy all year

I don’t think that would be too smart . He could afford to sit two years in Vegas as they have a competent QB. 

It’s good to see the consensus on Richardson and Levis on here is that they’re bottom talent qbs. Not saying they’re not athletic or have good traits, but overall just not great prospects. The question is, is any rational person going to be surprised when they bust? It’ll be funny if they do end up slipping down the board, cause it’ll shatter 99.9% of mock drafts 

37 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

It’s good to see the consensus on Richardson and Levis on here is that they’re bottom talent qbs. Not saying they’re not athletic or have good traits, but overall just not great prospects. The question is, is any rational person going to be surprised when they bust? It’ll be funny if they do end up slipping down the board, cause it’ll shatter 99.9% of mock drafts 

Levis wasn't in round 1 in my mock. I won't be shocked if he goes top 10, but he absolutely shouldn't

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Levis wasn't in round 1 in my mock. I won't be shocked if he goes top 10, but he absolutely shouldn't

I think a good number of mocks last year assumed Malik Willis was a FRP

• Like 1

Anthony Richardson isn't "a strong arm with accuracy issues", as we saw with Josh Allen coming out of college.  AR doesn't have "accuracy issues" for the same reason that Yul Bryner didn't have bad hair days.

AR was 128th overall in completion percentage.  Among the top five QB prospects (along with Young, Hooker, Stroud, and Levis) that makes him dead last with 70 rungs to spare.  This blurs the distinction between "throwing" and "throwing away", relegating even elite WRs to decoy status.  He is second in ADoT (9th, behind 8th place Hernon Hooker) but third in deep yards (16th, behind Stroud at 12th and Hooker at 9th).  He is DFL in screen yards, yards per pass, delivery time, and--wait for it--pressure to sack ratio.  

This is not hyperbole:  As a passer, Anthony Richardson makes Justin Fields look like Dan Marino.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Anthony Richardson isn't "a strong arm with accuracy issues", as we saw with Josh Allen coming out of college.  AR doesn't have "accuracy issues" for the same reason that Yul Bryner didn't have bad hair days.

AR was 128th overall in completion percentage.  Among the top five QB prospects (along with Young, Hooker, Stroud, and Levis) that makes him dead last with 70 rungs to spare.  This blurs the distinction between "throwing" and "throwing away", relegating even elite WRs to decoy status.  He is second in ADoT (9th, behind 8th place Hernon Hooker) but third in deep yards (16th, behind Stroud at 12th and Hooker at 9th).  He is DFL in screen yards, yards per pass, delivery time, and--wait for it--pressure to sack ratio.  

This is not hyperbole:  As a passer, Anthony Richardson makes Justin Fields look like Dan Marino.

This seems like a lot of word salad around completion percentage, TBH

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Oof I didn’t know AR was that inaccurate. I just thought he couldn’t spot defenders 

Mostly footwork issues, his throwing motion is nice which is rare for a project. Allen and Hurts motions were awful. Hurts still is bad but a lot better. Richardson is actually very accurate on deep passes, and decently accurate in the first ten yards. He struggles with that 15 yard range and redzone. Definitely some airballs. He’ll need a lot of good coaching. The NFL isn’t what it was like ten years ago though or even five years ago. It’s almost impossible for someone with Richardson’s skillset to fail in today’s NFL as long as he is motivated and receives great coaching. Obviously needs a year on the bench as well. He’ll look rough if he plays rookie snaps. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mostly footwork issues, his throwing motion is nice which is rare for a project. Allen and Hurts motions were awful. Hurts still is bad but a lot better. Richardson is actually very accurate on deep passes, and decently accurate in the first ten yards. He struggles with that 15 yard range and redzone. Definitely some airballs. He’ll need a lot of good coaching. The NFL isn’t what it was like ten years ago though or even five years ago. It’s almost impossible for someone with Richardson’s skillset to fail in today’s NFL as long as he is motivated and receives great coaching. Obviously needs a year on the bench as well. He’ll look rough if he plays rookie snaps. 

I think you get him into a couple packages that work to his strengths as a rookie and give him a few snaps here and there to get him used to NFL speed while he's in QB school otherwise.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think you get him into a couple packages that work to his strengths as a rookie and give him a few snaps here and there to get him used to NFL speed while he's in QB school otherwise.

Agreed. Also start him if you’re eliminated. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be so quick to write off a generational athlete at the position, like some of you guys are. I think the footwork needs a lot of work, but sometimes it’s all there. I think Florida did an all-time awful job of maximising what he has and a good landing spot in the league will be crucial to his NFL development. By all accounts he’s a smart, likeable kid who has crushed the interview process, so let’s see who takes this project on. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 1:52 AM, BayRaider said:

Can’t tell if trolling.. Richardson is a Top 5 lock, Seattle is his floor. I could see Levi’s falling as late as 40ish tbh. I have him going 19 to TB, but could see him falling hard. 

I would never troll, I just happen to disagree with half the posts on ffb on the subject. I'm fine with being on Levis island I felt like I was there with many QB's in the past, some I was right others not so much, time will tell whom is more accurate in this case. 

my number 1's over the years - 2022 Howell, 2021 Lawrence, 2020 - Herbert, 2019- Lock, 2018-Allen, 2017-Trubisky 2016- Goff, 2015- Mariota Others I felt like I was pounding my fist for but wasnt my number 1 like had Cousins ranked as a late first early second prospect only to watch him go day three lol, Told anyone that would listen Big Ben was going to be the best qb out of that class ( and I don't think I was wrong) 

QB's I didn't believe the hype but was possibly wrong about ( M. Willis, K. Pickett, B. Mayfield, S. Darnold, I was actually happy when GB selected Aaron Rodgers as I believed him to be a bust whooops, L. Jackson, R. Wilson, D. Jones, T. Tebow, J. Manzil, all the recent (with in 20years) ND QBs except Jimmy Clauson

I want to plant my flag firmly in the ground for this one. 

A lot of you guys are putting too much stock into a 20 year old kid’s 1st year as a starter. 

He’s going to be a premiere player in this league and people are going to be ‘confused’ on how they missed the boat on him, when it is fairly obvious; not projecting . 

I hope he goes to Vegas. Sits a year and a half that’s what he needs. 

• Like 1