Random NFL Tidbits

Forge

Someone mentioned not having something like this the other day when they posted the old scouting reports for Joe Montana and I figured it was a good idea. Use this as a general catch all thread for things that aren't really stats and aren't really news, but may be interesting anyway. 

• Like 2

There are currently two former Clemson QBs in the league - Trevor Lawrence and Deshaun Watson. Their teams will meet next season. It should be the Thanksgiving night game, would be first ever Thanksgiving game for the Jaguars and the first for the Browns in 34 years. I want Lawrence and Watson to develop a Brady VS. Manning-style rivalry. Dabo Swinney wouldn't be able to attend as he would be in Columbia, SC preparing Clemson to take on South Carolina.

Edited by pf9

On 12/30/2022 at 11:15 PM, pf9 said:

There are currently two former Clemson QBs in the league - Trevor Lawrence and Deshaun Watson. Their teams will meet next season. It should be the Thanksgiving night game, would be first ever Thanksgiving game for the Jaguars and the first for the Browns in 34 years. 

Ain't no way the NFL is putting Watson in the spotlight on Thanksgiving.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Ain't no way the NFL is putting Watson in the spotlight on Thanksgiving.

He's done his time, though. The Browns have been waiting to play on Thanksgiving for over 30 years since their last appearance. All their current division rivals have played at least one Thanksgiving game in the 21st century. Jaguars-Browns would be very marketable because of the similar backgrounds of both Lawrence and Watson.

6 hours ago, pf9 said:

He's done his time, though. The Browns have been waiting to play on Thanksgiving for over 30 years since their last appearance. All their current division rivals have played at least one Thanksgiving game in the 21st century. Jaguars-Browns would be very marketable because of the similar backgrounds of both Lawrence and Watson.

“He’s done his time” suggests he was convicted, showed remorse, apologized, spent time in jail and paroled on good behavior. None of that happened. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

506.com does maps of broadcasts and as of yesterday they showed two maps for Fox and two spots for CBS maps but didn’t have the maps up because of the uncertainty of the Bill/Bengals game

Yeah I just checked, but they don't have any info out for the Wild Card round yet. Just hoping my Niners aren't on Fox because that's the one network I don't have covered with streaming platforms.