MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

13 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I mean, they haven't even announced the time for BAL/CIN yet.

Yes they have, it's Sunday at 1pm.  "At this time no schedule changes for week 18 have been made".  1pm Sunday is the scheduled time.

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I wonder is this is the game the NFL is eyeing up for cancelling. If the outcome effects division winner and HFA, play it. If the game has no impact on division winner or HFA, cancel it. 

Why would they cancel Bengals/Ravens?  In that case, why play any game in week 18 that doesn't affect playoff seeding?

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Nothing can happen until they determine how to deal with the Cin/Buf game.  Every scenario has to start with what that decision is going to be.  The longer they wait, the more limited their options become.

I'm not sure how the Bills are going to gain enough composure to play the Patriots in a few days, much less somehow squeeze in a makeup game. The only possible solution to me involves not resuming this game in any capacity. Either there is some agreement where one team takes a loss, or they give each team a tie or no contest (16 game total slate this year).

• Like 1

I heard a solution elsewhere...

4th AFC WC game played Saturday noon or Monday 4:30pm ET on ESPN. No byes.

I would also have Buff/Cinci/KC all play on neutral fields for matchups involving those three. Indy and Detroit. However, owners will probably balk at that.

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'm not sure how the Bills are going to gain enough composure to play the Patriots in a few days, much less somehow squeeze in a makeup game. The only possible solution to me involves not resuming this game in any capacity. Either there is some agreement where one team takes a loss, or they give each team a tie or no contest (16 game total slate this year).

Sadly the Bills are probably going to just have to start playing not knowing what Hamlin’s recovery looks like.    I detailed it a page before but unless he shows rapid signs of recovery in the next few days it’s going to be a marathon to determine his recovery.    As harsh as it sounds the Bills are going to have to get on with playing not knowing how Hamlin will recover.    Not that it’s the only part to their trauma but there likely isn’t going to be closure anytime soon.  

Whatever the solution is decided, figuring out if the Bills are able to be ready to play, they won’t have much choice regardless.   It’s more whether the league is willing to push the playoffs back an entire week to settle this mess on the field or use another solution that penalizes 1-2 teams more than the others.   There isn’t going to be a solution that treats every payoff team equally.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BillSabre said:

I’m not sure what you’re saying. 

When the week 18 schedule was released Monday afternoon, it was specified that the BAL/CIN game would be at 1pm Eastern time if the Bengals won on MNF or 4.25pm if they lost.

Unsurprisingly, that schedule didn’t include a provision for what would happen in MNF wasn’t completed at all.

Bills are holding a walkthrough today with no media.

Very different circumstances but there have been two different weeks this season where the Bills didn't practice or held just 1 because of the blizzard and a separate time where too many players were injured or out sick. I have no doubt the Bills will take the field Sunday and play for a win for Damar and because they know they need to. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

When the week 18 schedule was released Monday afternoon, it was specified that the BAL/CIN game would be at 1pm Eastern time if the Bengals won on MNF or 4.25pm if they lost.

Unsurprisingly, that schedule didn’t include a provision for what would happen in MNF wasn’t completed at all.

My comment was made because his scenario was the Bills and Bengals should play the two Saturday games for week 18 and have the week 17 game finished on Wednesday night. So when I said the NFL should’ve done that, he responded with the Bengals/Ravens game not being scheduled yet. It just didn’t make sense to me in the context of the original statement. 

34 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Nothing can happen until they determine how to deal with the Cin/Buf game.  Every scenario has to start with what that decision is going to be.  The longer they wait, the more limited their options become.

If there is no decision today that itself is a decision. 

One thing to remember is that both teams and the Union need to sign off on any decision. 

On 1/2/2023 at 10:16 PM, sammymvpknight said:

Lol this is exactly what Skip was trying to say. But it didn’t come out right, and that tied with the timing and general unlikability led to the backlash. 

All the  stuff he says I can't believe this is the one people decided was too much. I feel like people aren't fully comprehending what he said, but the outrage virus took hold

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Sadly the Bills are probably going to just have to start playing not knowing what Hamlin’s recovery looks like.  

Unfortunately yes, but from the tidbits we've gotten, it sounds like he is slowly improving so that is good at least. They're probably more privy to more information than we are too. 

• Like 3