Bears @ Lions on New Year's Day

beardown3231

46 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

whatever you can do to build leverage for that draft pick. 

"we don't think justin is it, we're looking at guys to draft. oh, you'll give up how much for the pick? well, i guess we could ride with him if you're gonna give us that..."

If you are going to play that game, you BETTER have had a sit down conversation with Justin to lay this all out to him

It seems like he is already a very passionate guy, that could cause a real issue if he isnt aware of what is going on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Many Bears fans would lose their minds when that pick was made.

Fields is the most popular Bear since Urlacher. By far. And he’s a potential mega superstar. Moving him, even if it means taking a QB with the 1st overall pick, is incredibly unlikely. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Fields is the most popular Bear since Urlacher. By far. And he’s a potential mega superstar. Moving him, even if it means taking a QB with the 1st overall pick, is incredibly unlikely. 

If we move on from Fields this offseason I will **** in my hands then clap and follow that by smearing my hands all over the interior of my Audi...that is how confident I am that no one in that building is idiotic enough to move on from him given the flashes we saw this year...

No one should fool themselves into thinking Fields won't be the clear cut #1 overall pick in this draft class over Young.

• Like 1

The only way thhey move on from Fields is if they legitimately believe Young is better and/or watching Fields every day hasn't impressed them enough. It would be a huge roll of the dice and hopefully Young would turn out awesome AND Poles is confident they can get a top 10 pick for Fields.

Once again though, nobody credible has actually reported this.

34 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

That's why these smoke screen leaks they make take a QB due to dissatisfaction with Fields are silly and pointless.  

Even talking about it is just going to piss off Bears fans and Fields and isn't going to fool any GMs.    

Just let it be known you may take a QB for purposes of forcing a trade.   Like buying the 3rd piece of a property in monopoly when someone else has other 2.   

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

If we move on from Fields this offseason I will **** in my hands then clap and follow that by smearing my hands all over the interior of my Audi...that is how confident I am that no one in that building is idiotic enough to move on from him given the flashes we saw this year...

No one should fool themselves into thinking Fields won't be the clear cut #1 overall pick in this draft class over Young.

Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The only way thhey move on from Fields is if they legitimately believe Young is better and/or watching Fields every day hasn't impressed them enough. It would be a huge roll of the dice and hopefully Young would turn out awesome AND Poles is confident they can get a top 10 pick for Fields.

Once again though, nobody credible has actually reported this.

They might not be fully sold on Fields yet but that doesn't necessarily mean they will give up on him by drafting a QB with a top-2 pick this year

I think Fields has shown enough to give him more time and resources to keep growing with this team. It is also noted that next offseason is when the team needs to make a decision on Fields' 5th year option, so I think they will give him every opportunity to prove himself in what is a big coming season

The way I see it is if they land a top 2 pick in this draft then they will try and trade out of it to accumulate another teams 1st not only this year but also next year, and if Fields doesn't progress to where they want to see him progress in 2023 then the team likely isn't very good next season anyway and Bears have their own high pick plus another 1st if needed to make a move to draft another QB in the 1st