Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

We may have no QB now, no real direction, lost a valuable trade asset for nothing and be in a terminal downward spiral of hopelessness but at least we won't have the dreaded Derek Carr thread next season right?? Thank heavens for small mercies 😁

All joking aside, new era, new start, and plenty of optimism from me. Build up the D give Stidham and A N Other a chance to start and see what transpires..........

Surely it’s the end of all DC talk now…..🙄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

We may have no QB now, no real direction, lost a valuable trade asset for nothing and be in a terminal downward spiral of hopelessness but at least we won't have the dreaded Derek Carr thread next season right?? Thank heavens for small mercies 😁

All joking aside, new era, new start, and plenty of optimism from me. Build up the D give Stidham and A N Other a chance to start and see what transpires..........

I wonder what Stidham agent going to be asking for 🤣

1 hour ago, true2form said:

Pretty classless if you ask me.  If they want him gone, cut him already.  I don't understand the need to bash him on the way out the door.  This whole ordeal stinks and looks really bad even if you agree with what is being said.

If this is the way our top brass is going to do things going forward, we are in for a terrible few years.

I'm just ready to move forward and will be happy when the Carr haters can join the rest of us worried about the whole team being in disarray, and not just worried about one player.  

Reality is going to set in real quick for some of you.

Right? 

We gave him awful weapons and OL play (admittedly, some was due to injury) and now criticize him publicly for not pulling The Replacements along to the ultimate glory? 

This franchise, man. We'll trade 3rds away like candy for Pittsburgh's trash, but we'll self-sabotage our ability to recoup even a 7th rounder for a starting QB. Dumb as hell. 

• Like 3

My prediction for next season for Carr: 

Early season success and optimism and lots of negative headlines and shade thrown towards the Raiders. Carr will fall off a cliff down the stretch and all the talking heads will say that he has always been the same guy and the “insert Carr’s new team here” should have known not to invest so much guaranteed money into a known commodity. 

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

This is where I am also. Bring back Stidham and another FA QB to compete with him. Keep your picks and draft defense or OL. 

• Like 1

Just now, Raiderlife24 said:

This is where I am also. Bring back Stidham and another FA QB to compete with him. Keep your picks and draft defense or OL. 

If we don't blow draft capital trading for a QB or reaching for one this year, there's some hope to build up the roster, for sure. 

Stings to lose Carr for absolutely nothing though. Even an just an additional day 2 pick would've gone a long way. 

DL, OL, DB are the top priorities right now, imo due to depth and our age at some of the spots. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

If we don't blow draft capital trading for a QB or reaching for one this year, there's some hope to build up the roster, for sure. 

Stings to lose Carr for absolutely nothing though. Even an just an additional day 2 pick would've gone a long way. 

DL, OL, DB are the top priorities right now, imo due to depth and our age at some of the spots. 

Yes, build the trenches up. It worries me that Rodgers needs to take a "dark retreat" to figure out if he wants to play football and he is damn near 40 and we just are not ready to compete with the chiefs with or without him. Focus on building out the roster with young players and look for the QB next year imo. But as I type this I also wouldn't be mad if they made a move to get Stroud lol. As far as Carr, im over what we could have got when we could have got it.  

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

if the contract is the issue with the trade, I wonder why the Raiders don't agree to take on some of the cap hit next year? 

You give us X, we'll give you a used Carr and eat X on the contract. 

They have the cap space. 

Because Carr's camp already said they won't waive the no trade clause.

L for not getting something back for losing a top 15 QB. But I’m glad it’s over. I hope mcZ has a plan in place that doesn’t involve us mortgaging our future for a 40 year old QB or reaching on a decent QB prospect. My hope is we rebuild this thing the right way, but I’m expecting Bandaid solutions and more excuses.