2023 49ers offseason thread: Wilks to be new DC

49erscap

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Gonna be a real shame when we don't get that 3rd round comp pick for Jimmy G cause we are going to make our annual splash move.

Am I the only one who doesn't think we will get much for letting Jimmy go find himself elsewhere?  I cannot see anyone breaking the bank for that guy. 

I just wish Brock hadn't gotten hurt. We have such bad luck.

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think we will get much for letting Jimmy go find himself elsewhere?  I cannot see anyone breaking the bank for that guy. 

I think someone will delude themselves into 30m+, but on a short term deal. Maybe even just 2 years with an easy out

1 minute ago, adamq said:

I think someone will delude themselves into 30m+, but on a short term deal. Maybe even just 2 years with an easy out

I think Saleh is probably feeling the heat in New York. Jimmy is a known quantity if they miss out on Carr. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone overpay for Jimmy if backed into a corner. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

The threshold for getting a third is lower than you'd think. Christian Kirk will get a third round comp pick and he only had a contract of 18 million a season. Jimmy should hit that with ease

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Some things are unlucky. Some are avoidable. 

Jimmy, the vet, poorly decided to fight on for an extra yard. This risk and tbf, idiocy allowed for his foot to be mangled in an unlucky way. 

Lance was hurt on a keeper run up the middle. Hey Kyle, Lance is not our best run option, fella. Not worth the risk to use him in this way. 

Purdy was asked to be perfect in a moment where Kyle wanted our trash TE to block a ferocious pass rusher 1 vs 1... when we had no decent QBs left in the stable for backup duty. Hmmmm.... unlucky way Brock got hit. Stupid risk by Kyle. 

IMO, and all free to agree to disagree of course.

Looking at our FA's...

I think we tender all our RFA's/ERFA's (McKivitz, Jennings, Flannagan-Fowles, Givens). McKivitz is probably our starting RT 

I think we re-sign UFA's Brunskill, Willis & Gould 

Everyone else probably walks. Jason Verett should retire, and maybe Maurice Hurst too 

I'd like to keep Mosley, but i think the Texans might be more willing to pay him than we are as his former DC & DB coach are there now 

In fact, i could see a bunch of our DB's going to the Texans. Not just Mosley, but Ward & Moore too.

They could have a 2 CB/3 S set of Stingley/Mosley, Ward/Pitre/Moore. Would be a pretty solid backend for them 

Edited by 49ersfan

14 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Looking at our FA's...

I think we tender all our RFA's/ERFA's (McKivitz, Jennings, Flannagan-Fowles, Givens). McKivitz is probably our starting RT 

I think we re-sign UFA's Brunskill, Willis & Gould 

Everyone else probably walks. Jason Verett should retire, and maybe Maurice Hurst too 

I'd like to keep Mosley, but i think the Texans might be more willing to pay him than we are as his former DC & DB coach are there now 

In fact, i could see a bunch of our DB's going to the Texans. Not just Mosley, but Ward & Moore too.

They could have a 2 CB/3 S set of Stingley/Mosley, Ward/Pitre/Moore. Would be a pretty solid backend for them 

I think Omenihu should be a priority as far as our own free agents are concerned. I really want him to stick around. I feel like he's just scratching the surface of what he can do and has the versatility that we really should covet. 

• Like 3